PDA

View Full Version : FTP Media Library Sub-Folder Scanning

zapattack
June 17th, 2018, 11:55 AM
Hello,

I'm having the following issue, maybe some of you have experienced this and have a solution? iOS Version: 10.3.3, iPhone 5S. I'm running version 1.1.17

When I add an FTP server as a media library location, items contained within the specified folder and within one sub folder are scanned, but other items are not detected.

For example ftpserver/music is defined as the library location. Items contained in ftpserver/music/album are indexed, but items in ftpserver/music/artist/album aren't indexed

I tried changing the setting so that files/folders with names starting with dots aren't ignored, but it did not solve the issue.

I'm also getting a lot of 421 errors (saying there are too many connected users), but none of these errors apply to items contained in subfolders that are being ignored.

zapattack
December 9th, 2018, 11:22 AM
Bump, any update for this? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

zapattack
January 12th, 2019, 11:45 AM
Works much better after the latest update, sub folders are scanned although still missing a few thousand tracks due to 421 errors.

zapattack
February 21st, 2019, 10:12 AM
Is there any possibility of putting in a control to limit the number of simultaneous FTP connections that foobar2000 opens during indexing?

Evidently it would take more time to index, but unfortunately I cannot change my FTP server parameters to accommodate for the app.

Thanks