PDA

View Full Version : opus goof choise for low cpu comsuming? what audio format is the lightest to decode ?

Drugo
July 8th, 2018, 01:48 AM
Hi
i have always used foobar for windows from the beginning
and i have installed foobar for android on all my mobiles 1.1.17

may I ask 2 questions?

1)
may i know what audio format is the lightest to decode (for a long batter life) ? seeing i really love listen music with foobar with android with my smartphone and tablet
i tried the decode speed test for
i got for the same song , no DSP
aac qaac 150kb ->67.686x realtime
opus 96kb -> 39.208x
mp3 190kb -> 46.299x
well , looks that mp4 is the most light to decode on my smartphone (i tried on a samsung s6) , even i have read lots about opus and for many users it's the most light to decode
I haven't tested org vorbis
can somebody tell me if there is a serious test about decoding?

2) my second question , is about playing several album of the same artist
i got to browse -> album artist/album -> tap (in my case on Pearl Jam "i have 4 albums" ) -> i can see all the covers of my albums + all tracks and shuffle albums -> i tap all tracks
but i get a list of songs not sorted , i mean first track of one album, 3 songs of another album and so on

on tools i have playback order default
on advanced sort album by date -> active

can i have all songs sorted by albums (it will be enough)?

thanks for the wonderful program and sorry for my poor english

DarkVoyage
July 12th, 2018, 05:26 PM
You should also try lossless formats. FLAC may have a better decoding speed. But I recommend to stick to OPUS, which is most space/quality optimal format, at 48-64 kpbs it sounds transparent and you can store thousands of albums.

Drugo
July 13th, 2018, 12:11 AM
You should also try lossless formats. FLAC may have a better decoding speed. But I recommend to stick to OPUS, which is most space/quality optimal format, at 48-64 kpbs it sounds transparent and you can store thousands of albums.

Hi
do you know if i can sort several album?
well i will try flac too , but yes opus is great
thank you!