PDA

View Full Version : Track sorting

Running
May 11th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Hi,

Excited on this app which i have installed on my iPad.
Works well!

Two questions

I have 2 UPnP servers running kodi and logitechmediaserver server. Kodi is discovered logitechmediaserver server is not

With kodi I can browse to albums and play them. The issue here is that iT sorts the tracks alphabetical in stead of by track number

Best regards

Running
May 13th, 2016, 10:38 AM
answering my own post, I have done some research and the KODI, UPNP server is does not provide a usable sort. There was quite some discussion on this topic but no real interest to change this. May be because it is mainly oriented to video.

Still surprised while the Logitech server does not pop-up.

As an alternative I have installed minidlna on my raspberry and this works flawless.

Greetings,

Running
May 31st, 2016, 06:47 AM
Hello again,

answering my own post again since this may help others. I have kodi installed as my UPNP server. This was an issue since it did not sort music by tracks but rather alphabetical by song title.
To resolve I stopped kodi mediaserver and edited the guisettings.xml file and changed the sortmethod to 8 for musicfiles and musicnavsongs, sort order stays 1. Started the mediaserver again and it sorted correctly now.

In the foobar console you can see the port kodi is using if you want to forward it to use it outside your local area.

Greetings!