PDA

View Full Version : Android public version: How do you play a folder (containing folders)?

foo4ever
May 14th, 2016, 07:35 PM
Hello,

I organize my music by folders genres/artists/albums/file.mp3;files.flac;etc...

How can I play eg genre?

I hoping for a PLAY function that will recursively search the folder and play what is in it.

Thanks

hhliang
May 14th, 2016, 11:29 PM
how can I download?

pljones
May 15th, 2016, 02:32 AM
Hello,
I organize my music by folders genres/artists/albums/file.mp3;files.flac;etc...
How can I play eg genre?
I hoping for a PLAY function that will recursively search the folder and play what is in it.
Thanks
I store by source/artist/album and do also tag for genre, release data and some other bits. I'd like to be able just to play everything regardless of where it is. (I'd really like Library/Album List with custom searches and to be able to play the resultant Library Viewer Selection...)

JosepMa
May 15th, 2016, 04:05 AM
For genres, i found a workaround by selecting one song from a genre, then going to the popup menu (the three dots on the playback controls screen) and from there select "more from this genre". There you can select all tracks, random tracks and random albums.

For folders, indeed the screen is designed to play only the files of one folder, not including any subfolders. I think they are still working on the playlist concept, let see if that will improve this situation.

For custom searches, since that groups by artist or album, it is indeed not possible to select multiple results ( i.e. more than one artist or more than one album ).
The advanced search option works well with years or type, but it is also album oriented on the other cases. "album by artist" at least has the "all" and "random" options.

foo4ever
May 15th, 2016, 10:27 AM
how can I download?

Try Google play "foobar2000" :p