PDA

View Full Version : Instant crash on Android phone

Bembel
May 26th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Hi!

I have installed today’s version of foobar2000 from the Play Store (shows version 1.0.23 / May 20th) on my daughter’s Motorola Moto E (4G / 2. Gen / 2015) which is running on Android Marshmallow 6.0 (patch level February 2016) unrooted Stock ROM. Every time I want to start the app it shows the foobar2000 black screen and instantly crashes giving me the opportunity to send a report and goes straight back to where I started the app from.

On my own unrooted Google (LG) Nexus 5 running Marshmallow 6.0.1 (patch level May 2016) the app runs perfectly.

While there are many good music players out there, foobar2000 is one of the few that has UPnP playback built in and is easy to use especially for a 10-year-old.

Is there any chance I can help you solve this crash, can I get you debug logs or something?

Thank you so much in advance!

kode54
May 27th, 2016, 01:05 AM
As noted in another thread, there is currently a crash on startup when the player is installed to adopted storage, aka when you have formatted the external storage media as "internal" storage, then migrated things over to it.

For now, use the Android Storage & USB settings page, navigate to the SD card, then Apps, then foobar2000, then select the Change button under Storage used, and move it back to internal storage.

mlatu
July 16th, 2018, 05:19 AM
nevermind, i thought this thread was about foobar crashing when there are umx files present. stupid forum removes search keywords when they are to short...