PDA

View Full Version : How to set-up wi-fi/UPnP file transfer to mobile (I-phone)

foobie
May 28th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a really basic and probably easy question, but I have not been able to solve it rhough 40min of searching around:

How do I set up the UPnP file transfer from my PC to my phone? (Of course, I have read this thread since it sounds so promising: http://forum.foobar2000.com/forum/showthread.php?118-GUIDE-Transfer-music-to-foobar2000-mobile-over-wi-fi).

I did install the foo_upnp_fb2k-component to get the server running on my PC foobar distribution. I also installed the foobar2000 mobile app. Now how the heck do I get the connection between my phone and the server set up by foobar on my phone? I read the readme files, watched videos on youtube and searched this forum, but nowhere I am finding this probably rally easy step.

Looking forward to the solution :)
foobie

foobie
June 28th, 2016, 09:39 PM
Anybody, anything?

jkauff
July 8th, 2016, 03:59 PM
From the iOS app, tap "UPnP Media Servers" to get to the server list. Make sure your desktop foobar is open. You might have to wait a couple of minutes until the foobar2000 Media Server appears in the list, but it will.

This is all assuming, of course, that the phone is connected to your home network via wi-fi. No other setup required.