PDA

View Full Version : alphabetic searching script

glong
June 5th, 2016, 02:57 PM
It is probably neither here nor there, but I use folder structure for album list.

If I want to scroll down to folders starting with a given letter I know i can click into album list and then hit that key on the keyboard. But this requires use of keyboard and mouse and a few actions.

It would be great to have plugin or script which displays the letters of the alphabet /and even numbers in an optional layout pane which one could position below the album list.

Clicking on a letter would take one to the start of albums with that letter.

The big attraction as I see it is that one can operate this one handed or with touch screen. Listening to music does tend to tune the mind out of being in computer operating mode - so, max simplicity I think makes a big dif.

it is probably not a big deal to program - but I am not smart enough to do it.

therefore grateful if anyone will

glong
June 5th, 2016, 05:01 PM
Oh I forgot to say - that one handed mouse use does permit one to scroll with the scroll bar. The tendency is to over scroll or miss the right letter one was searching for - and in frustration and seeking a bit less jerky movement, one ends up going up and down in the general vicinity with the mouse wheel -trying to hit the right letter. That too can be painful and and slow too, if there are a lot of names. Simply clicking on a letter - and perhaps a second letter in a given time (for second letter in the sort) - could get one really close.