PDA

View Full Version : USB DAC support

clydec38
June 20th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Would love the developer to add USB DAC support (asynchronous) similar to NEUTRON, HIBY, ONKYO & the current fav USB PLAYER PRO...would pay for that. Nothing comes close to Foobar on my p.c playing FLAC files through DAC.

Moth17
June 26th, 2016, 02:37 AM
This would be lovely to have

lobo85
September 22nd, 2016, 04:11 PM
This would especially be good due to the UPNP features already in the program.

gsmith
November 1st, 2016, 08:37 AM
Want to also add that I would love to see this happen. A "bit perfect" boolean setting would be really nice, to avoid any up-/re-sampling of a file's native bit depth and sample rate (I'm talking mainly about FLACs > 16-bit/48kHz). Just stream the data as is from the file. Currently, the High-definition audio output option in Advanced Settings (on iOS anyway) seems to resample everything down to 44.1 or 48kHz. Or am I not using this correctly (I have the resampler entirely disabled). This is for output to a Chord Mojo via Apple CCK (Lightning --> USB --> DAC in --> analog out to headphones).

kode54
November 1st, 2016, 08:13 PM
Resampling is currently performed automatically when the output refuses to accept the given sample rate. You're welcome to a "bit perfect" option that attempts to send the format you request to the output device and outright fails to play it.

gsmith
November 1st, 2016, 11:04 PM
Right, I hear you, appearing to fail silently looks bad. But there are a handful of higher-end DACs and DAC/amp combos that desire/deserve a bit perfect stream upon which to work their magic. Chord's Mojo being one. One which is enjoying, shall we say, a "moment," having been hyped to the moon and back on head-fi, and is selling in the hundreds/thousands of units per month. There's a dearth of truly ruler flat bit perfect players out there with even half-decent UI. Seems like a space for the mobile version of foobar to occupy without reservation (a "you're on your own" mode, results not guaranteed, etc.). Hopefully won't overly burden devs. with support mishigas or result in a bunch of poor reviews. The UI is already so good (SO good you see), let's have a "send as is" power user mode for people who (think they) know what they're doing... A little boolean radio button near the bottom in "Advanced Settings" or some such? Pretty please? :)

dev
November 15th, 2016, 05:22 AM
I would also buy a DAC for f2kmobile, without hesitation!