PDA

View Full Version : foobar doesn't recognize this symbol: /

coconutter
July 9th, 2016, 02:27 PM
I have an album, with three artist names, so the correct way to write it would be:
artist 1 / artist 2 / artist 3
BUT Foobar doesn't let me to do that, it changes it automatically to:
artist 1, artist 2, artist 3
and in Metadata it's even different, like that:
artist 1; artist 2; artist 3

How can I fix this, or is it even possible?

I am scrobbling my tracks to last.fm, and because of foobar's system I get only the first artist name scrobbled!!!!
So if I want to scrobble those tracks correctly, I need to go out from Foobar and play the tracks in Winamp, because there is works.

HELP!

kode54
July 10th, 2016, 01:36 AM
Slashes (with spaces around them) in ID3v2.3 tags are interpreted as field separators, so the files literally have multiple artists. You should use a scrobbling application that supports multiple artists correctly. Since, apparently, the last.fm product does not specify any standard for indicating multiple artists, I guess the correct format is something else?

This support forum is for the mobile application, which does not even support scrobbling, yet? You should take this to the subforum on hydrogenaud.io.

And even then, it also depends on which scrobbling component you are using. They're all third party software. If you are using the official, I don't know what to tell you. If you are using the one on the foobar2000.org components repository, then you can at least configure title formatting strings to alleviate this issue. You'll want to set the artist field to:

$meta_sep(artist,' / ')

Assuming this syntax even works for their screwy single field system. It must require spaced out slashes, since otherwise would break "AC/DC".