PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth ID3

aprocita
July 24th, 2016, 08:28 AM
I would love to see the functionality of the ID3 tag information (like Track title, Artist, Album, ...) transferred through Bluetooth when in playback and auto-updated when changing track/song. The multi functional system in my car for example can display this information of the current song on screen without having to look on your mobile device (for example this works correctly with Samsung's Music player, or a custom player like Shuttle). So I thought it might also be possible to include this functionality in foobar2000 mobile.
It might already be included in the current mobile version, but i can't seem to get it to work, so please point out it to me in that case. I'm using Android 4.2.2 on a Samsung GT-I8200N.

aprocita
July 25th, 2016, 02:25 PM
After some more testing: It seems this functionality is already there somewhat, although it doesn't update correctly. When i restart the app and start playing a new playlist I get ID3 tags from the last song that was played before i shut down the app. It doesn't update to the last song again until I quit the app, disconnect Bluetooth and reconnect to play anything else. So auto updating while actively switching a track is not function in my case. It could be me though. Is anyone else having issues with this?