PDA

View Full Version : UPnP/DLNA support for network drives

Bloomphoto
April 21st, 2014, 02:44 PM
I would like to see:
1. UPnP/DLNA support to stream music files and read Foobar playlists stored on network devices.
2. Auto discovery of DLNA or UPnP services on home networks.
3. Ability to read from multiple media folders stored on home networks (like desktop version) including iTunes and directories with FLAC or other non-Apple lossless file types.
4. Cover art and lyrics searching.
5. Also would like it to be more stable than other apps I have tried ;-)

DrGerm
June 9th, 2014, 11:37 AM
+1 to UPnP/DLNA

would like to play from sources and also to push/cast to devices like what I do now with Toaster Cast and n7player

And "more stable" ought to be a given; that's the reason why I'm willing to shell out money now because I trust Foobar. I know you can do it!

Tenebrous
July 17th, 2014, 12:31 AM
I'd like to second this as well, so +1 from me for UPnP/DLNA support. Discovery features would be nice, but let's be honest, I don't think us users would mind a little configuration. I'd have to add the device IP to the UPnP list in my case, anyway.

joschua92
August 30th, 2014, 02:22 AM
Yes UPnP/DLNA +1 from me

millerntor1910
September 27th, 2014, 03:16 PM
+1 from me too. It would be my No1-Feature

Taraxacum
October 10th, 2014, 10:27 AM
+1 should go without saying, very important feature.

ejo
October 23rd, 2014, 02:19 AM
+1 for UPnP/DLNA support as No 1 feature.

Please consider large libraries with xx-thousands of titles and thousands of artists.

Very IMPORTANT for mobile use:

- Option for WLAN-only streaming (to save on mobile data plan)
- Option to have metadata library on the mobile device for fast search / browsing. Selectable either on mobile internal storage or SD memory card. Metadata updates/sync only via WLAN.
- Flexibity to search for albumartist tag
- Shuffle play
- Genius-like auto playlists
- Mood-play
- like /don't like on the fly

Thanks!

prot
December 15th, 2014, 08:07 AM
+1

Seymour
January 20th, 2015, 12:20 PM
I will definitely join to UPnP/DLNA support desire!

crhodes
February 20th, 2015, 11:49 AM
I'm new here so please be patient with me.
I use Foobar2000 on my windows PC to play my large music collection (350G) off my UpnP/DLNA server via USB connected DAC using ASIO interface. With Foobar2000 I can send native 24 bit audio streams up at any sample rate up to 192K to the DAC and then stuff the analogue DAC output straight into a pair of ATC SCM 50 Active studio monitors - It sounds bloody brilliant.
I've just paid a small sum to your kickstarter so that I can get a version of Foobar 2000 that allows the rest of my family to access the DLNA music via Wifi from anywhere around the house. I'm hoping that the mobile version of foobar2000 will allow the following to be achievable.

1) On Android and Apple Mobile devices - Access the stored music content on the media server in whatever format is is stored and allow playback on the mobile device directly via the 3.5mm headphone jack, or playback to a locally attached bluetooth or Airplay speaker.
2) Should I decide that I want to put some fraction of my music library directly onto the mobile device for playback offline while traveling or in my car, I would like the option to browse the library on the PnP server and tag the music to go with me, then Foobar2000 mobile grabs it for me and stores in on the phone in whatever format in most sensible. It may be that you store it natively in the same format as on the server, it maybe that you figure out how best to do it based upon the source format. I just want you guys to figure it out and make it so.
3) As mobile handsets get faster and more capable, it would be good if Foobar2000 mobile could do thr same thing as my PC does, ie. Take the music content stored on the server and plast it natively via mini USB ASIO to a physically connected DAC, this would allow the vast majority of old HiFi installed base to have their music source (CD player/ Tuner / Record deck) to be replaced by a phone and an external DAC.

This is what I'm hoping to get for Christmas 2016 - good luck with the development work - I hope that this feedback is useful - I'm a very happy Foobar2000 user - Thanks folks

KozmoNaut
October 20th, 2015, 02:43 AM
+1 to UPNP/DLNA support. Ideally, it should be implemented so Foobar2000 will be able to stream from a DLNA server to a Chromecast, similar to how BubbleUPNP does it.