PDA

View Full Version : foobar2000 mobile doesn't play on Kindle HDX 8.9 (2013)

danahis
October 11th, 2016, 11:53 AM
I side-loaded foobar2000 mobile onto my Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (2013) with the latest FW as of Oct 12, 2016

While all the other major players I tried (AIMP, VLC etc) plays without any problem,
only foobar2000 mobile plays a track for a second and then it stops.
When I press the play button again, it plays a second more and stops.

What is the possible reason for this issue?
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 has a built-in Dolby FX, which might have a different non-standard audio path that could be incompatible to the way foobar2000 mobile handle the audio device....

does FB2000 mobile use uncommon APIs from those that other common players use (for example, so that foobar2000 mobile can provide the shortest audio signal path and quality)?

I couldn't find anyone mentioning the problem on Kindle. Sorry if it was already discussed.

Peter
October 16th, 2016, 07:03 AM
We use Android AudioTrack API which is exactly the most common audio API available....

We also have an OpenSL ES output available, but not enabled because it turned out to give audible clicks on HTC phones; I suppose it might work better on your device. I'll enable it in a future update.

danahis
October 17th, 2016, 03:09 AM
Thank you for the reply;

Actually the UI I like best is foobar2000!
Is there a log-enabled debug mode that I could run for your further inspection?
I'm looking forward to a future release that hopefully could test-run on Kindle HDX 8.9 2013