PDA

View Full Version : Clouds

yurihellsing
April 26th, 2014, 10:56 PM
For Android/iOS i would love to see cloud service integration for those who may have our music library on a personal cloud and having the ability to access soundcloud would be nice too i know they have an app but it would be nice to do it via foobar too.

trussell
April 27th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Allowing us to access Google Music in the cloud would be an awesome feature!

Brainsnail
May 14th, 2014, 04:57 AM
WebDAV would be nice.

SiliasFB
August 2nd, 2014, 07:20 PM
I'm not interested in cloud service (due to: 1. NSA; 2. incredible energy costs for server). I don't understand why everybody tries to upload every byte just to have it "everywhere" disponible. If you were a little bit organised you'd synchronise your music library when you're at home and then you have it everywhere with you!!!???

Or do I miss anything??? What is the big advantage of cloud service?

spoon
August 3rd, 2014, 05:05 AM
Backup? AudioSAFE comes back online soon, this could allow 100,000 people to backup their audio collections, and the energy used would be 1/1000th of those people running NAS in their home.

nicht
August 6th, 2014, 09:13 AM
I'm not interested in cloud service (due to: 1. NSA; 2. incredible energy costs for server). I don't understand why everybody tries to upload every byte just to have it "everywhere" disponible. If you were a little bit organised you'd synchronise your music library when you're at home and then you have it everywhere with you!!!???

Or do I miss anything??? What is the big advantage of cloud service?

I'm accessing my music collection from working place as well. And sometimes you'd like to share something with a friend, no matter how legal is this.
And backup, yes. This summer my home music RAID has died, and I'm really disappointed without my terabyte shitty grindcore collection.

kode54
August 6th, 2014, 08:17 PM
Some people have significantly more than 32 or 64GB worth of music, and/or don't want to clutter their devices with all that, when they could be saving room for things like photos or videos.

yakitama
September 8th, 2014, 07:03 AM
I hope to listening to music through some cloud storages, for example the "Dropbox" or the "Bitcasa".

JegFolay
October 5th, 2014, 01:49 AM
Backup? AudioSAFE comes back online soon, this could allow 100,000 people to backup their audio collections, and the energy used would be 1/1000th of those people running NAS in their home.

AutoSAFE sounds like a great idea. I'd love to hear more about it soon !
;)

posh leon
November 29th, 2014, 05:40 PM
I just use VPN on my PC to my server.

If you add cloud, you should also be able to make playback private and have some stuff not synced to cloud. For example one may not want something like listening to political podcasts shown to friends.

Another idea is to have some integration with central library on NAS or SMB/windows server without going anywhere public.