PDA

View Full Version : What happens if the Kickstarter campaign fails?

keegan
May 1st, 2014, 05:54 AM
We are all hoping to see the Kickstarter campaign succeed... that's why we are here, but what happens if foobar mobile can't raise enough money? Will the team still try to develop the mobile app, or is the project going to be trashed?

spoon
May 4th, 2014, 04:16 AM
We will cross this bridge if we get to it, until then we are hopeful that the campaign gets to its goal.

q-stankovic
May 4th, 2014, 06:45 PM
The fundraiser isn't anymore in kickstarter but private. Isn't it then possible after 60 days just to let the fundraiser open just to make it possible to collect more money?

spoon
May 5th, 2014, 04:54 AM
That is an option yes.

Camo Yoshi
May 9th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Will we still get our non-digital backer rewards even if the fundraiser fails?

keegan
May 11th, 2014, 06:40 PM
The fundraiser isn't anymore in kickstarter but private. Isn't it then possible after 60 days just to let the fundraiser open just to make it possible to collect more money?

What do you mean by "let the fundraiser open." It's not like they're private or anything.

andrei1015
May 12th, 2014, 06:12 PM
If I may, If the kickstarter fails, we should be happy we helped a good cause. I am sad when I tell my friends about foobar and they never heard of it..

NickHark
May 17th, 2014, 01:36 PM
I, for one, use F2k daily and, since I am a relatively new user, I am learning about it constantly. I would like to see the mobile app succeed and that's why I contributed $25 today. If the developers cannot get it done, I am happy to contribute to the development and maintenance of F2k!

obazavil
May 30th, 2014, 03:34 PM
if i didn't came to download foobar. i won't know it is raising cash for this project.

I think more promotion is needed, I like the idea and is sad to see is short from the goal.

keegan
May 31st, 2014, 02:37 PM
if i didn't came to download foobar. i won't know it is raising cash for this project.

I think more promotion is needed, I like the idea and is sad to see is short from the goal.

I completely agree. I just went to foobar2000.org to look for an update, and I saw the banner. If I didn't look for an update I wouldn't even know that foobar mobile was even an idea.

Bone_Enterprise
May 31st, 2014, 07:47 PM
I too randomly came to the site looking for a Foobar2000 update only to find the banner telling about this fundraiser, hopefully the funds get raised there is along way to go in eight days.

Medo
June 3rd, 2014, 06:58 PM
Also only saw it on the fb2k site today when downloading for a new PC. Glad to contribute since I'm happy with fb2k for years now, but I guess that many people are like me and would immediately chip in if they only knew about it...

phoebus
June 4th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Yup, only found it due to installing foobar on a new 'puter. Just 5 days to go? My first thought was to extend the fund-raiser since it's private and make a bigger push on social media. For starters a social sharing button?

This is an opportunity to A) introduce more people to foobar and B) fund the mobile expansion and C) - WISHLIST, foobar on unix! That's the biggest thing I miss on linux/unix aside the adobe software.

DrGerm
June 9th, 2014, 12:57 PM

Same here. I'd Love to see this happen! Hope $80 helps!

Dave
June 11th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Hi,

Just wanted to say I appreciate everything the developing team for Foobar is doing. Thus why I pledged the money.

I hope the app won't have any ads and it will be just as clean as the Foobar2000 program we all have grown to love and know.

Using multiple operating systems, I have always missed having Foobar2000 natively being supported in Mac OSX and Linux. However, It's my main go to for Windows based media systems. Seriously MacOSX peeps need some help as that iTunes crap is too bloaty.

I'd personally be OK if the $50 I pledged for the mobile app went to further Foobar2000 development if the initiative fails for the mobile app. However, like most... I don't even want to go there and think of it failing.

Viva Foobar2000, and the development staff!

q-stankovic
July 5th, 2014, 05:29 AM
There are 4 days left and it doesn't seem that the funding has slowed down in relation to the first three month: even without considering the one big skin designer funding it seems that the fundings increased a little bit and are over the average of the 3 months.

I would advocate to continue funding for further 1 or 2 months.

Bone_Enterprise
July 5th, 2014, 01:53 PM
There are 4 days left and it doesn't seem that the funding has slowed down in relation to the first three month: even without considering the one big skin designer funding it seems that the fundings increased a little bit and are over the average of the 3 months.

I would advocate to continue funding for further 1 or 2 months.

It has already been extended a time or two now at the least, don't see why they would not do it again with the light of dBpoweramp matching 1:1 peoples funding.

Relagen
July 10th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Did anyone else notice that the website now says that over $80,000 has been pledged? Is this including dBpoweramp's promise to match our funding, or is that only what we've paid already?

Since development begins in about a week and a half, and fundraising will be open until development is complete, I think it should be super easy to pass the $100,000 goal. If the $80k doesn't include the promise from dBpoweramp, then they've already passed that, so we might be getting all of the features they originally planned on as well as some of our own suggestions (if that's the case).

Camo Yoshi
July 10th, 2014, 11:34 PM
Relagen, the current count is including the dbPoweramp donation matching.

Melchior
July 14th, 2014, 02:35 PM
"I, for one, use F2k daily"
"I am happy to contribute to the development and maintenance of F2k!"

Same here I use it every day ever since I discovered it years ago during the v0.9.4.5 pre days... and Kode54's Videogame music plugins I have been able to enjoy all of the game music that has a special place in my heart ;^_^;

I donated $50, for Supporter status..
When I have the $$$ I will $900 package, I LOVE Foobar2000 that much ;;^_^;;

Foobar200 is amazing, the installer is AMAZING its a one-click update ^_^.
the program is light weight and runs super fast ^_^

EricGlobus
July 22nd, 2014, 12:23 PM
Eager to have foobar on iOS, just donated 50 bucks. The fundraiser is about 86% complete to reach the kickstarter bar so I am pretty optimistic right now.

Edwin
August 24th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Today I stumbled upon the donation site. I have been a F2k user for quite some time and have never seen the project pop up at Kickstarter. I'm very happy to back this great project , it should definitely get more exposure

deathslayer
November 11th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Same here. I've been using foobar daily but for many years, $25 is not only for the mobile campaign but as a 'thank you' to the developers. =)

Niels
November 21st, 2014, 04:44 AM
Have had similar thoughts about exposure of the fundraiser. But i think how to reach the right people effectively is not that easy. Being depending on donations and there is no financial gain for investers i think the targed crowd is the gratefull crowd of fb2k users. But how to reach them? Some are forum users, but i guess mostly are anonymous downloaders... like me.

So yeah more exposure? Then my thoughts are, its up to us to spread the word.

Reiley Yang
November 22nd, 2014, 03:19 AM
Same here I use it every day ever since I discovered it years ago during the v0.9.4.5 pre days... and Kode54's Videogame music plugins I have been able to enjoy all of the game music that has a special place in my heart ;^_^;

I donated $50, for Supporter status..
When I have the $$$ I will $900 package, I LOVE Foobar2000 that much ;;^_^;;

Foobar200 is amazing, the installer is AMAZING its a one-click update ^_^.
the program is light weight and runs super fast ^_^

Same here. I've donated since I like foobar2k.
It'll be cool if we have mobile version. But just the existing version on Windows is a good enough reason for my donation.

marcswede
January 3rd, 2015, 07:28 PM
I've been using foobar for almost 10 years. Needless to say, I'm very content user. Time to give some love back + I'm excited to see how this project turns out.

Foobar for mobile is a great idea and I'm happy to support it.

puftlumpe
January 10th, 2015, 04:03 PM
I've been infected 2003 with version 0.7 and I'm glad to have the chance to support foobar's great developers in reaching new ambitious goals!