PDA

View Full Version : MinimServer crash

Jolivetj
November 7th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Error message in annexed screen capture
Thank you for any help

simoncn
November 9th, 2016, 04:09 PM
I have used Wireshark to investigate what is happening. An HTTP connection between a renderer (client) and a server has both "send" and "receive" directions. The foobar mobile renderer is closing its "send" direction after sending the HTTP GET request. The normal HTTP convention is that closing the "send" direction is a signal to the server that the client wants to abandon its connection to the server. In this case, the server should respond by closing its "send" side of the connection (the client's "receive" side).

It seems that the foobar mobile renderer is closing its "send" direction but is expecting the server to keep the server's "send" direction open until all the audio data for the track has been transmitted. If I were to change MinimServer to do this, this would cause problems with other renderers that use the standard HTTP convention for closing connections as described above.

I hope the foobar mobile developers will change their implementation to leave the HTTP connection fully open until streaming the audio data has been completed, so that foobar mobile can interoperate with MinimServer.

Simon Nash (MinimServer author)

Peter
November 24th, 2016, 03:02 AM
Thanks for your bug report. The issue has been fixed on our end, today's update will include the fix.

simoncn
November 26th, 2016, 12:47 AM
Thanks very much!

How can I install this update? It is not showing as available on my iPad. According to iTunes, the last update was 1.0.47 on October 29.

Peter
November 26th, 2016, 12:54 AM
I'm sorry but the update got stuck in Apple review for some reason and will be made available likely sometime Monday. Not even the beta is getting thru.

Versions for Android and Windows Phone were posted on Thursday already, iOS one has been in review since.

simoncn
December 1st, 2016, 12:50 PM
I have tried this now and it is working for me. Many thanks!