PDA

View Full Version : Chromecast support

Ava Pug
July 8th, 2014, 11:07 PM
I'd like to see support for Chromecast. Casting from your phone's music or maybe from your PC's music.

Thanks.

DrGerm
July 22nd, 2014, 01:23 PM
I'd like to see support for Chromecast.

+1

Would be nice; both on iOS and Android (I use one and my wife the other lol)

jake.sadie
March 16th, 2015, 10:28 AM
+1. This would be great!

KozmoNaut
October 20th, 2015, 02:39 AM
+1 absolutely. The code to implement Chromecasting is rather simple, and especially now with the release of the Chromecast Audio, it's more relevant than ever.

q-stankovic
October 25th, 2015, 02:05 AM
Yes, would be great, but you all probably mean the new Chromecast Audio?

KozmoNaut
October 26th, 2015, 01:44 AM
Yes, would be great, but you all probably mean the new Chromecast Audio?

Audio can be cast to the video Chromecast just fine, which is handy since a lot of people have their best sound system hooked up to their TV/receiver. Apps like Google Play Music will display album art or visualizations on the TV when casting.

Another possible use case is when using a an older or spare Chromecast with an HDMI audio extractor as a poor man's Chromecast Audio, which works great BTW.

Either way, if Chromecast is enabled in Foobar Mobile, it will work on both kinds of Chromecast, unless the developers specifically set a flag that it's a video stream, in which case it will not cast to the Chromecast Audio.

likescookies
December 22nd, 2015, 06:27 AM
I'm interested in a Chromecast Audio, but I read that it doesn't support gapless. Can anyone confirm? It would be awesome if foobar could overcome this limitation.

auzunov
July 28th, 2016, 12:40 AM
Yes, Chromecast Audio support will be great, but it will be best if there is an option to stream the decoded and processed audio stream to the Chromecast to utilize the DSP plugins!

Huba
August 16th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Chrome cast is the thing set this audio player apart from so many others.

Definitely must have. 1+

JayNYC
September 17th, 2016, 02:37 PM
+1 for this. Especially now with Chromecast Audio.

ernstblaauw
September 25th, 2016, 03:52 PM
+1

WACOMalt
December 6th, 2016, 08:46 AM
+1

I need this in my life. I was surprised to find no one has created a plugin for this yet. Chromecast audio is the best thing to happen to my Home audio systems for a long time.

Please Foobar devs! :D

harto69
December 20th, 2016, 02:02 PM
For me it works! On my Moto G I can tap on the "cast" icon in the quicksettings and music is streamed to my chromecast audio.

WACOMalt
December 20th, 2016, 02:36 PM
For me it works! On my Moto G I can tap on the "cast" icon in the quicksettings and music is streamed to my chromecast audio.

Silly me, I didnt realize I was in the mobile forums when I replied before. But I want to let you know that quicksettings tile is not available to many users, AND this is using the system level transcoder, meaning your audio is being converted before streaming. The big draw of Chromecast Audio devices, and of Foobar, is that they botch are supposed to support the original quality audio, but this wont work unless foobar app adds the feature directly rather than requiring you to use the system toggle.

ernstblaauw
December 21st, 2016, 04:31 AM
@WACOMalt, I assume you are on Android? On my iOS device, I don't see the Chromecast support. Would be a really great addition.
Is this feasible? I'm really curious :)

ernstblaauw
September 17th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Just a little bump... is this something that could be implemented?

gharris999
December 8th, 2018, 07:24 PM
+1

Would really like to see chromecast support in FB2KM.