PDA

View Full Version : Issue Foobar > Wasapi > HDMI > Denon x1300w

LDBaha
January 17th, 2017, 07:21 PM
I hope I'm posting this to the right sub-forum. I have no idea where to post this.

1. I have a Denon x1300w receiver and 2x Elacs UF5s hooked up to it (along with a sub, center etc), but this is mainly related to Stereo. According to Denon manual it should support 24/192Hz
I'm using Foobar2000 and I connected my PC to the AVR using WASAPI. I'm sending the audio signal directly to the receiver through HDMI. However when using foobar and some 24/88.2hz song (Get Lucky by Daft Punk) I get the following error:

"Unsupported stream format: 88200 Hz / 24-bit / 2 channels"

According to the specs of the receiver it should play up to 24/192hz.

Here's where it gets interesting. I set up MinimServer (or foobar Upnp) and using the Online music function I found the Flac and played it. To my surprise, on the online music display on the TV it shows FLAC 88.2kHz and it sounds a lot more powerful!.

Why is this happening? Is it the output from my videocard (GeForce 970)? Why is my computer detecting that the Denon is only capable of 44.1/48hz and not 192Hz

Even though I can play through the DLNA/UPnP server. I liked that I was able to control (and see) the Foobar interface on my TV because Foobar is awesome.

2. Another question: I want to use a DLNA controller to find music from the DLNA server and push it to the DLNA on the receiver but it just doesn't show on any of the Android Apps that I've tried.

3. What would be a great DLNA server? MinimServer doesn't play those flac files that are full albums but only 1 flac file, and foobar-uPnP seems to downsample/convert everything to Wav

If anyone can help me I would gladly appreciate that.

sealightPT
February 8th, 2017, 04:26 AM
I have the exact same problem with Denon AVR-X1300W and foobar2000 with 88200 Hz flacs
"Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 88200 Hz / 24-bit / 2 channels"
(Running Windows 10, NVIDIA ION)

44100 Hz or 96000 Hz files play fine.
It isn't "just" a NVIDIA issue. In the past, with exactly the same computer and files, it played fine with a different receiver. Somehow Denon must be informing NVIDIA that it doesn't support 88200 Hz over HDMI. I had no issue with a previous Harman Kardon receiver.

Those same 88 200 Hz files play well if I use Denon Media Server source, which uses network, not foobar / WASAPI / HDMI.

PS / Side question:
Do you have on screen visuals (TV) when on Online Music / Bluetooth or Internet Radio? When on those sources the only visual feedback I have is on the device (AVR) display, even the web player view (browser) shows me a black screen. Android App works, but I have a Windows Phone.

sealightPT
February 11th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Bad news:
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3646/~/nvidia-hd-audio-driver-supports-a-limited-number-of-audio-formats

"The following formats are not commonly used, and consequently are not supported by the audio driver:
Sample rates: 32 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 176.4 kHz
Sample size: 20 bit"