PDA

View Full Version : Cannot access (see) Foobar2k from WAN.

NickHark
May 4th, 2017, 05:45 PM
I cannot access my Foobar2k (v 1.3.15) from the internet.
I am running the Foobar2k media server on Win10 Pro and the Foobar2k Media Server is great on my LAN.
My settings on the Server side:

Allow Internet Access is checked
My Public Server IP is <my dyndns>
Login: <my Dyndns login id>
Password <my Dyndns password>

On my router I have forwarded the <external port> to <Foobar2k media Server port(http)>

On my Galaxy SIII Foobar2k (v 1.0.63 Lite) I added the Media Server:
http://<my DynDNS domain><:external port on my router for the Foobar2k media server>

Problem: I cannot see the server from the internet.

Are these settings OK?

Is there something about Win10 that blocks external connections?

Thanks for the great development.
P.S. I was a donator in the development phase.

NickHark
August 13th, 2017, 05:57 PM
I have yet to get this to work.

I am now using a OnePlus 5.

I can access my music library on my netgear readynas over the WAN, but I cannot see the foobar2k server on the WAN.

I am using F2k Android 1.0.88.

On my PC F2k Media Server I have enabled Internet Access. I have my dyndns server listed, with the user name and password of the dyndns services listed; and with the port forwarding set in my router. Is this correct?

Peter
August 14th, 2017, 06:01 AM
The address you're entering, see what it shows in a web browser? It should give you some idea on which side the problem lies. If everything works correctly, the web browser sould show you UPnP device description XML.
Some devices give 404 when accessing device root URL over HTTP, we fall through to /DeviceDescription.xml then.

I'll be adding a better way to 'remember' UPnP servers shortly so you don't have to enter addresses manually.

For now, I think the most straightforward way to turn your home music collection into a 'cloud' think is VPN client+server (I use OpenVPN) and FTP on your home server.

NickHark
August 17th, 2017, 07:35 PM
The address you're entering, see what it shows in a web browser? It should give you some idea on which side the problem lies. If everything works correctly, the web browser sould show you UPnP device description XML.
Some devices give 404 when accessing device root URL over HTTP, we fall through to /DeviceDescription.xml then.

I'll be adding a better way to 'remember' UPnP servers shortly so you don't have to enter addresses manually.

For now, I think the most straightforward way to turn your home music collection into a 'cloud' think is VPN client+server (I use OpenVPN) and FTP on your home server.

Thanks for the response. I'll take a look at VPN/FTP

I get "Authentication Required." and I put in the login and password I created in the "Internet Access" dialog on the preferences: server page and not the PC's login and password.

I then get what I think you refer to as 404: The requested url was not found on this server. The server name is the media server network name.

Are these the correct entries?

Thanks for your patience.