PDA

View Full Version : Music Files In External Storage Folder Disappeared

Viteznenes
May 9th, 2017, 01:25 PM
Foobar 2000 android app: Music files and folders from my SD card no longer appear in the"external storage music" folder on my phone.

This occurred after an app update.

I have tried reinstalling the app, reinserting the SD card but there are no files with the exception of just one track.

The music folders and files can be seen on my SD card, and music files/folders play fine using other players on the device.

Any help finding a fix much appreciated.

jianwen03
May 9th, 2017, 07:54 PM
Temporary fix: Try adding music folder in Setting>Media Library.
Works for me but made foobar very laggy on my device. Now I'm greeted by a blank screen when opening foobar unless I clear app data.

Peter
May 10th, 2017, 07:28 AM
Thank you for your feedback, the issues are being investigated and will be addressed shortly.

In meanwhile, I uploaded an archive of old versions here-
https://foobar2000.org/android-old-versions/
You can stick with either 1.0.63 or 1.0.61 until this has been sorted out.

gnik61
May 12th, 2017, 01:43 PM
Thank you for your feedback, the issues are being investigated and will be addressed shortly.

In meanwhile, I uploaded an archive of old versions here-
https://foobar2000.org/android-old-versions/
You can stick with either 1.0.63 or 1.0.61 until this has been sorted out.

How do we install the apk? I downloaded it but it says that the folder is empty

Peter
May 13th, 2017, 05:25 AM
To install standalone APKs, you must enable installing APKs from untrusted sources in device's security settings.

Before installing old versions, I recommend getting latest, using Advanced settings to enable old folder picker, removing and re-adding your library folders. This pretty much brings old filessytem behaviors back in case the new ones aren't working well for you.

gnik61
May 17th, 2017, 01:55 PM
I downloaded the latest upgrade 10 minutes ago but the issue remains. The option in the start menu for internal - external storage is missing and consequently all folders seem empty. I will stick to the old versions

Peter
May 18th, 2017, 04:42 AM
I see that presenting auto detected internal/external storage in browse tree landing page got people used to playing by folder and skipping pretty much all of app's configuration and features.

I'm not here to judge if that's bad or good.

It would appear that I took something away, something that you guys used, without realizing how much you relied on this feature. I'm bringing it back with the next update.

I'd like to point out that you can still put any folders you like in the browsing tree landing page - by adding folders in 'media library'. I guess that's not discoverable enough for new users. I'll try to do better from now on.