PDA

View Full Version : Foobar2000 crashes after a few minutes with Runkeeper running

ThatMusicLover
May 27th, 2017, 12:44 AM
Env:
Android 6.0.1
MI UI 8.0
Redmi 4

Steps:
1. Open foobar2000 mobile and play any playlist
2. Open Runkeeper and start an activity
3. Wait about 5-10 minutes

Results:
Foobar2000 stops playing so I guess it crashes.

Note: I turned off any energy saving settings for foobar.

Peter
May 31st, 2017, 04:40 AM
Thanks for the bug report.

I've tried recreating the issue on my devices but did not get foobar2000 to crash or otherwise stop playing.

Is there any relation between music stopping and runkeeper's voice messages telling you your current stats? As the auto voice messages happen every 5 minutes by default on my setup.

Also, please enable console logging in foobar2000 and post last lines it writes before dying.

ThatMusicLover
May 31st, 2017, 12:28 PM
I can no longer reproduce this one.
Thank you for your attention.

Peter
June 1st, 2017, 01:35 AM
OK thanks for getting back to me about it.

There were some very obscure pseudo-random crashbugs fixed in the latest version, but I did not think this case could be attributed to any of them.

ThatMusicLover
June 12th, 2017, 02:33 PM
Hi, I am encountering this crash again. I noticed that the only app which is opened first (runkeeper or foobar2000) crashes, i.e. if I open foobar2000 and then runkeeper, the former will crash in a few minutes, and vice verca. Also, there's nothing in the console log - it starts clean after the crashed app is opened, are there another log files I can look into?
I believe it has nothing to do with voice and it's reproducible in less than 3 minutes.

ThatMusicLover
July 19th, 2017, 01:53 AM
Sometimes it crashes, sometimes it doesn't. I would say it simply runs out of memory although I am not sure how to trace it.

Peter
July 19th, 2017, 05:48 AM
I'm sorry to hear it's still going.

Are you getting this crash with the latest fb2k mobile 1.0.83 ?

I'm going over crash reports on Google Play. 1.0.83 got rid of majority of the reported crashes, there's a few still going to be addressed in the next update, hopefully this one is among them.

ThatMusicLover
July 19th, 2017, 09:30 AM
Yes, I am still experiencing this one on 1.0.83, although periodically. I am not sure with which version I saw this first time.

Peter
July 21st, 2017, 10:16 AM
I've added you ( by gmail address used to register here ) to the beta tester list - use http://foobar2000.com/test-android to opt-in to start receiving betas. Hopefully the newly posted beta fixes this bug.

If the beta doesn't help, make sure that you have "automatically share usage and diagnostics data" option enabled on your phone, it should cause the phone to send crash traces to Google Play, enabling me to see the details of the crash.

ep0ch
July 21st, 2017, 11:47 AM
I note the OP is using MIUI.

It may well be the battery optimisations that MIUI has, is causing it to crash. I had the same issue with MIUI and a different app, even though I changed the per app bettery settings in MIUI.

The fix for me was to completed uninstall the app.
Install again
Change the MIUI battery saving for the app
Then it was okay. And never run the MIUI system optimisations again, otherwise it would break again regardless of the MIUI app system settings.

Or if you are brave you can try with a custom ROM and see if the issue still occurs