PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Disc album w/different cover art for each disc: load only 1 image

Lebon14
May 31st, 2017, 07:49 PM
Hi guys.

So, first, I want to say: I LOVE foobar2000 mobile! The built-in FTP server save me so much time!

But I think I discovered a bug (or more like an oversight?). I have an anthology by ABBA called "The Complete Studio Recordings" which is 9 CDs. Obviously, 8 of those CDs are the main ABBA albums and the 9 is compilation of unreleased material. You can see the release here on Discogs (https://www.discogs.com/ABBA-The-Complete-Studio-Recordings/release/769986).

Here's the hierarchy:

ABBA
|->The Complete Studio Recordings
|-> Disc 2 - Waterloo
|-> Song(s)
|-> cover.jpg
|-> Disc 3 - ABBA
|-> Song(s)
|-> cover.jpg
|-> Disc 4 - Arrival
|-> Song(s)
|-> cover.jpg
|-> Disc 5 - The Album
|-> Song(s)
|-> cover.jpg
|-> Disc 6 - Voulez-Vous
|-> Song(s)
|-> cover.jpg
|-> Disc 7 - Super Troopers
|-> Song(s)
|-> cover.jpg
|-> Disc 9 - Rarities
|-> Song(s)
|-> cover.jpg
All tags are perfect. Artist and Album Artist are "ABBA". Album is "The Complete Studio Recordings", Disc Total, Total Tracks, Disc Number are also populated.

However, here's the thing: F2kMobile will only load the cover.jpg for Waterloo, in the first folder. I imagine it's how F2kMobile shows things.

Potential fixes:
1. If multiple cover.jpg are found for one album, show them all IF they are in multiple folders (one per folder)
Exemple:

---COVER ART---
Artist
Title
1.01 Title
1.02 Title

-SECOND COVER ART---

2. Show only one cover art on the album page but show separate individuals covers on the "Now playing" screen (that's more on a workaround imo)
3. Search for a cover.jpg in the root album folder.
Etc...

Thanks for the hard work Peter!