PDA

View Full Version : IOS Alpha testing

funkyass
September 17th, 2014, 07:45 PM
So how would the alpha testing go, do we have to jailbreak or does apple have a method so people can test apps?

spoon
September 18th, 2014, 05:05 AM
No need to jailbreak, you would pass us the ID of your phone and it allows you to test.

Whittle
November 2nd, 2014, 04:27 AM
Happy to say that after supplying my ID, it works just fine for me :)

I'm sure it will be coming, but I'm particularly looking forward to an option to hide anything that isn't locally installed on your phone, or, the usual library filter for *.flac etc so it will hide things that are in iCloud.

Peter
November 3rd, 2014, 04:11 AM
Thank you for trying the alpha version.

The next alpha build will already hide everything that is unplayable to us (iTunes Match); fb2k style file format filters have been added to my todo lost.

jkauff
November 3rd, 2014, 12:35 PM
Downloaded the alpha just now. It's still installing, but it's great just to see a foobar icon on my iPhone. Congrats on the alpha!

UPDATE: It seems to be hung on the "Installing" message. Tried deleting and re-installing, same problem. I have a 5S running iOS 8.1 if that helps.

FURTHER UPDATE: I rebooted the phone, tapped the icon, and now I get a "Waiting..." message that never goes away. Am I doing something wrong (installed via iTunes)?

spoon
November 3rd, 2014, 04:13 PM
These issues are more related to iTunes and your iPhone, in that foobar has not had a chance to run until it is fully installed. Try removing it, then re-installing.

jkauff
November 3rd, 2014, 09:55 PM
When I delete and re-install (which I've now done a half-dozen times), the icon appears on my phone as it should. When I tap it, I get an "Installing..." message, but it never installs--I've left it for as long as two hours, but the message never goes away.

UPDATE: Tried installing with a 3rd party utility, and got an error message "kAMDAPIInternalError". Is that useful at all?

Peter
November 4th, 2014, 05:09 AM
Thank you for your feedback.

Please keep in mind that each build runs only on devices that were registered with us at the time it was made. As new device IDs are submitted, we need to make a new foobar2000 build each time before it runs on newly added devices.
A new build will be out shortly, it should address all the current issues.

jkauff
November 4th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Thanks, Peter. I missed the whole "register your device" process. How do I submit my device ID to you?

spoon
November 5th, 2014, 03:43 AM
See:

http://mobile.foobar2000.com/forum/showthread.php?83-Alpha-Testing-Emails

Peter
November 5th, 2014, 03:55 AM
http://mobile.foobar2000.com/forum/showthread.php?84-foobar2000-Mobile-for-iOS-readme
Updated with better information about iOS code signing

q-stankovic
November 5th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Could you add some screenshots of the three main screens of the app. I as a windows phone user am still curios how it look like. :)

Patatorz
November 18th, 2014, 12:04 AM
Hello, i Just registered on the forum to access iOS testing. I did not install the app right now as I'm not sure how to communicate my identity (email) and my iPad UIDD: could you please help me ?

Other topic, I tested other applications on iOS through testflight process. It seems that with that, the developer can push the updates easily.

Best regards

spoon
November 18th, 2014, 03:50 AM
To find your UDID using iTunes

Open iTunes (on the Mac or PC, not iTunes on your iPhone / iPad / iPod).
Connect your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
Click on the name under the devices list.
On the Summary tab, click the text 'Serial Number', it will chance to Identifier (UDID).
Right click on the number and select copy to copy to the clipboard.
Paste the UDID into a Personal Message on this forum to me.

Testflight is only available with later iOS versions, not all we target.

Ellul
November 21st, 2014, 05:44 PM
re: alpha-build7

OK as I cannot find anything else on this forum regarding use of the alpha builds themselves, I'll just fire ahead with a little bit of feedback: The audio quality is great and decoding speeds are very good. I've had no issues during playback and no excessive battery drain. WMA decoding is missing (is it even planned for inclusion? - it doesn't bother me personally.) There appears to be no way to create or manipulate playlists so far. As long as the decoding speed test utility is left open it remembers the last track tested - to test a new track requires me to back out to the 'context:now playing' menu and re-enter it. Folder based cover art is now displaying correctly. The interface is very quick/responsive but might the three panels be better as tabs? Or perhaps the 'browse' page could be prevented from cycling back to 'tools' allowing swipes back thru the library or folders? The 'browse' categories could be labelled separately as 'Library' and 'Folders' and any related tools placed on that page e.g configure libray? I'm testing this on an iPad mini 2, so I'm not using it one-handed. Are there any plans/hopes for a tablet specific layout - maybe something along the lines of the monkeymote for foobar app?

Great work so far. Thanks.

Ellul
December 16th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Getting better by the build. It would be useful to keep the playback controls across the bottom of the screen on all panels.

GetBurns1
January 17th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Playing flac files in documents works great and fast. Noticed that the final item in genre list is always missed. I changed the order several times and only the final one disappears.

Aionic Duck
February 9th, 2016, 10:16 AM
Currently I'm giving it a light test with regards to watching iTunes, and I can't for the life of me find where playlists are. I've made a test playlist and added a couple songs to it, chosen that playlist to sync to my phone, and foobar detects the new songs but I see nowhere that mentions playlists. Am I missing something? I can confirm the playlist shows in my Music app so it definitely is there.

Laservampire
May 5th, 2016, 06:16 PM
How do you get in on this Alpha testing? I can't find a FAQ or guide. Love to be able to help :)

spoon
May 6th, 2016, 05:19 AM
The iOS version will go for a public preview soon.

Laservampire
May 6th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Woo! I'll keep checking back :)

drbeachboy
May 9th, 2016, 07:48 PM
When I transcode a file from lossless to mp3 and send it to my iPhone through foo_UPnP, the mp3 file that goes into the documents folder only shows up as file name. No album cover or tags show up, hence it doesn't appear in the normal Browse area. Is this normal behavior? The resulting mp3 file plays fine, though.

Laservampire
May 10th, 2016, 05:56 PM
Working great so far, but when hooked up to my car's audio system through the USB ipod connection, everything plays fine (once I start fb2k the audio takes over from iTunes) but I'm unable to skip tracks using the car controls.

Also, a home button would be nice, it's a pain having to skip back from so many folders.

Für
May 28th, 2016, 09:23 PM
First of all, thank for the iOS app. I was looking for along time that this happened! So I have no feedback so far, just want to thank you for the app!