PDA

View Full Version : how to preserve directory structure exactly same as source conversion

rupeshforu3
June 21st, 2017, 06:48 AM
Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have lots of mp3 files arranged in various directories and sub directories. I want to convert these into opus files and so I want to converter in foobar.

I want to convert all these files to opus files. I want to maintain target directory which contains directory names same as source and also I want to maintain target filenames same as source. I don't want to organise files according to artists,albums,title etc.,.

From the past two weeks I am trying to achieve above but not succeded so please suggest the string to substitute in destination field of convert option which appears by right click in main window.

Regards,
Rupesh.

Lebon14
June 26th, 2017, 12:09 AM
Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have lots of mp3 files arranged in various directories and sub directories. I want to convert these into opus files and so I want to converter in foobar.

I want to convert all these files to opus files. I want to maintain target directory which contains directory names same as source and also I want to maintain target filenames same as source. I don't want to organise files according to artists,albums,title etc.,.

From the past two weeks I am trying to achieve above but not succeded so please suggest the string to substitute in destination field of convert option which appears by right click in main window.

Regards,
Rupesh.

Don't, that's an illegal transcode. You'll only lose more quality; I'd only copy the structure with the original MP3 files.

* If you follow that advice, you can go to "File Operation" then choose "Copy to". Then, choose "...". Choose your destination folder and copy the string in the CODE textbox below. This will copies of everything in a specific folder with the exact same filenames. You can check "Copy entire folder content" if you want to carry over artwork and stuff.
* But if you don't do give a damn, in foobar2000 desktop, in the converter, go to "Converter Setup". Then, choose "convert each track to an individual file" and put this string in the CODE box below. Then, in "Other", you can check "Transfer attached pictures" and then select what format of pictures are copied over (Mine says "*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.png;*.bmp" without the quotes). This will make the transcoded file in a copy of the directory pattern in the chosen specified output path you chose above and copies over the artwork for the album. So then, you can just copy over the folders to your phone/tablet.

$directory_path(%path%)\%filename%

Hope it helped.