PDA

View Full Version : [Android] App force closing after update

i.kocevski
August 19th, 2017, 12:26 PM
Hi, as the title describes already the app won't start anymore after an update. I have a Samsung SM-G313HN with a custom CM11 ROM (https://forum.xda-developers.com/ace-4/development/rom-cyanogenmod-11-galaxy-trend-2-t3189325) which is based on Android 4.4.4. It also has SU enabled (rooted). I don't have any Google apps including Play Store so I downloaded the foobar2000 APK from APKMirror (https://www.apkmirror.com/).

So, I previously had v1.0.79 which worked totally fine. I decided I'd update it to 1.0.88 so I downloaded the APK from APKMirror again and updated the app without reinstalling. When I pressed open after the install was done the app just crashed showing the usual "Unfortunately, foobar2000 has stopped." error. I then decided I'd download the older versions of it to see where the issue was introduced. I downloaded 1.0.87, 1.0.83 and 1.0.79. I uninstalled 1.0.88 through the usual settings app and installed the older one until I got to 1.0.79 (which worked perfectly fine before the update) and that was crashing too. I then decided I'd do a thorough uninstall deleting the cache in /data/data/ and the /data/dalvik-cache item of it. Then did an uninstall through oandbackup (app similar to Titanium Backup). Then I rebooted the phone and installed the latest 1.0.88 APK. I got frustrated finding out that all of this didn't help so here I am.

I really don't know where to look for help so I found this forum as my last resort. It might be a device-specific issue but I'm still glad if you'd help me get back my favourite player on my phone. I also have a log file attached for you to look into which I made with MatLog in verbose mode.

TLDR: Updated the app to the latest version, it force closes on start, downgraded to the previously working version - still crashes. Catlog attached below.

i.kocevski
August 29th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Got fixed either by clearing the cache (from recovery) or by v.1.0.91.
Neat.

Peter
August 30th, 2017, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the bug report.

We currently don't behave well if our SQLite files got somehow corrupted, this will be fixed in an upcoming release - but all we can do is kill the problem file (configuration/database/playlist file) and start over with a clean one, so that won't be pretty from user's perspective.