PDA

View Full Version : Is a download available for a windows phone

ghost rider
October 18th, 2014, 12:01 PM
This is likely my best option. I am looking for a player that I can play LPs on. I digitize them and play the whole album. I place markers in-between the tracks, it would be cool if I could skip forward.

Anyhow I do not see a download available

fatebeats
October 18th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Development has just begun; no downloads for even what seems to be the primary dev. platform (iOS). To be honest, and this is coming from a WP zealot who hates to recommend Apple or Google, I recommend Android for now if you want a portable multimedia player, unless you want to go with something like Rockbox. I don't think there are players for WP right now that support the sort of cue-sheet/bookmark functionality you want.

bilditup1
October 31st, 2014, 02:55 AM
I concur about Android. Using GoneMad in the interim. Not sure if it has all the functionality you desire but it's good enough for now. See also Bubbleguuum's BubbleUPnP

Andric
November 9th, 2014, 02:02 PM
windows phone really needs the foobar app, all the other ones I tried are pretty poor.
Android has some decent music apps, but I prefer windows phone overall except for the lack of a good player

Edwin
January 7th, 2015, 04:19 AM
I would like to second Andric's comment. Windows Phone (and Windows RT) lack a good player. Windows new release will probably solve a lot of compatibiliy problems but that doesnt mean a good player will be available

YoInoue
January 8th, 2015, 03:36 PM
I think Windows Phone 8.X app can access it's storage reserved for each app. It's a MS's policy and this makes misic files management too hard.

I hope foobar2000 mobile App might have a simple file management(like drag & dlop ) method.
Some WP player App uses SD cards. That's because App might access & conrtol files easy on the Removable(External) storage.

My WP8(Nokia 930) has no SD-Slot. So, I wish foobar2000 mobile (WP8) can play internal file( on the phone) / external files seamlessry.

Seymour
January 20th, 2015, 01:04 PM
I would like to second Adnric's comment too.
Previously I was an Android user. At that time I've found almost every file type player I imagined about (applications like MODo, Xmp Mod Player, SID player, ZXTune). Of course playing some mp3 tracks was not a problem at all.
Recently I have moved to Windows Phone 8.1 system and realized that such an OS is very much useful for me at every day business. But pleasant degree of entertainment including music listening is not easy accessible. I will rather agree that good player is lacking at all.
So, I have put up our family money into birth of the Best Windows Phone Music Player We Ever Listened to! =)
Looking forward to. =)

ljfnord
January 24th, 2015, 01:17 AM
windows phone really needs the foobar app, all the other ones I tried are pretty poor.

Seconded here as well. I just added some cash to the Kickstarter, mainly because I saw the plan to have a Windows Phone app. I'm looking forward to it!

axipher
March 19th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Just joined up with the $25 option. I plan to use this app on all my computers without a doubt but what really pulled me in was the Windows Phone support as well. Looking forward to jumping on future opportunities to test it out.

Edwin
May 3rd, 2015, 07:41 AM
Just wondering &*8211; with iOS and Android Alfa&*8217;s coming out - any news on the Windows Phone/tablet development? Especially interested in the Phone and RT/ ARM version

spoon
May 7th, 2015, 07:12 AM
Windows is next in line, once a certain level of stability has been reached on Android.

Edwin
May 7th, 2015, 05:56 PM
Windows is next in line, once a certain level of stability has been reached on Android.

Thank you very much for your confirmation, looking forward to the process and final version to work with. Keep up the good work, thanks!

kaum
June 10th, 2015, 05:48 AM
Spoon, can you give us a brief outlook of the Release Plan - the original one seems to be outdated.
I would appreciate if Peter could outline this in more detail in his development blog.

Andric
June 10th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Thanks for update, more info would be very welcome. Will this be a windows 10 universal app? I noticed in windows 10 that it natively supports FLAC at last, not sure yet if phone 10 or xbox will or not but foobar on all those would be really great!

Peter
June 12th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Universal app possibility is being investigated.

We still need to get to know the platform better to know what we can and what we cannot do.

Regarding Release Plan, there's sadly not much to say here, I'm still working on fixing Android alpha issues; I will jump on Windows development as soon as all major issues (mainly Android 5.x related) are addressed.

All existing features from the the current versions (for iOS and Android) will carry over to Windows Phone.

Christiank
June 17th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Hello,

Love to use foobar2000 on Windows Desktop, nice to use, stable. I hope to use it one day on my Windows Phone and Windows Tablet.

Good job

Thanks

Peter
September 22nd, 2015, 05:04 AM
Windows Phone 8.1 app has been posted.

http://mobile.foobar2000.com/forum/showthread.php?117-foobar2000-for-Windows-Phone-readme

Windows Universal is being worked on and has functionality level similar to the Windows Phone 8.1 app.

kaum
September 23rd, 2015, 08:46 AM
Will updates be done over the Windows Phone store automatically?

Peter
September 24th, 2015, 05:59 AM
Yes all future updates will be posted through the Windows Store. A major bugfix update will be posted by the end of this week already.

serenitatis
October 13th, 2015, 07:36 AM
How to download beta? WmPowerUSer posts a link but I can't install it from Windows Store.

spoon
October 14th, 2015, 04:57 AM
It currently is not in beta test, only alpha test to those who backed at the alpha level.

serenitatis
October 14th, 2015, 05:30 AM
Can you add me to testers?

spoon
October 15th, 2015, 04:40 AM
Only if you backed at the alpha level.

serenitatis
October 15th, 2015, 05:23 AM
Sad :(

Peter
October 16th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Beta phase - for all platforms - will follow soon.

Damokles
October 30th, 2015, 07:28 AM
I donated last year so i Think i am an alpha tester where or how can i get the app for win 10???

Aelius
October 31st, 2015, 08:57 PM
I have backed at the alpha level, ready to test under Windows 10 Mobile! How do I get this set up? Store page says it's unavailable.

Lyra
November 10th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Yea, same to me :/

spoon
November 11th, 2015, 04:19 AM
If you have backed at the alpha level, personal message me your order number and login email address for the Windows Store.