PDA

View Full Version : No comand response to skip track on headphones

Maxus73
October 4th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Hi,
From what I see Foobar 2000 does not respond to some headset commands on my Samsung Galaxy S7. Only play/pause works but not double and triple click to skip tracks. Is it solvable?

CopyCatt
March 15th, 2018, 08:26 PM
Hi,

same question... any answer ? It's the only reason I still use another player... Thanks.

RihterS
June 6th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Hi,
From what I see Foobar 2000 does not respond to some headset commands ... Only play/pause works but not double and triple click to skip tracks. Is it solvable?

Hi
Same Q. UP

dewdude
June 13th, 2018, 10:57 AM
So which headphones? Does the S7 come with a headset or is this an aftermarket.

Is there a helper app for them? I had a problem after changing to a Moto G6 where Foobar didn't respond to track skips...they were Sony WH1000XM2.

What I would up doing is loading the Sony headphone app. It's got a "shortcut" that interfaces with however Android music apps interact. Once I issued a control from the app....Foobar responded to it and all the controls worked from the headphones. I assume it was just some software thing that hadn't fully sync'd with things.

Borealis
April 23rd, 2019, 09:46 PM
UP!

I enjoy the player, particularly its DSP features (I can't live without crossfeed anymore!). But the impossibility to control the playback with the headset (using simple double/triple click commands) is a HUGE drawback!

We're talking about a standard feature that is supposed to work with every single (wired) headset, no matter stock or aftermarket! You shouldn't have to install any app to interface the headphones with the player, as it comes as a standard Android command that is recognized by all other players.

I create a similar topic in the Wishlist section.

FYI, I'm using foobar2000 on Android 8.0 Oreo (device: Samsung Galaxy A8).

robertjjoynt
May 13th, 2019, 12:43 PM
On my phone, the double click takes me to the next track, but triple click doesn't take me to the previous track (it acts as a double click + pause).

I can't use this app if it doesn't have the triple click feature to go backwards in the playlist.

FYI I'm using foobar2000 Mobile v1.1.43 on the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime on Android 8.1.0