Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Android version feedback

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

Android version feedback

Please report what device(s) you've tried it on ( brand + model + Android version ) and results.

Thanks for your attention.

PS. Everyone with alpha testing access should have gotten their download link. If you haven't, please contact me to get yours.

Known verified issues (2015-04-10, Alpha 4):
    • Doesn't run on early IceCreamSandwidth devices (Android 4.0), PENDING
    Last edited by Peter; April 13th, 2015 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Updated issue list

Re: Androi version feedback

Tested briefly on:

Google Nexus 5 Android 5.1 build LMY47I
    Google Nexus 7 (2013 wifi) Android 5.0.2 build LRX22G

I was able to playback m4a, mp3 and flac files fine.
    Embedded album art was displaying.
    Nice work!

Problems:
    The "previous track" button on the playing screen does not go back to the previous played track. It seems to just pause/play the track and is possibly no different to the pause/play button.

I can reproduce a crash on both devices.

1. View list of songs to play (by album or title or whatever) and select last song in list. Song should start playing.
    2. Now press the "next track" button (can be from playing screen or tools screen) and it should skip to an empty song/no song. Keep on pressing the next button and soon Foobar will crash.

This also works the other way to. You can try going to previous song from the first track in list and eventually it will crash. I had to use the "previous" button in the tools menu because as mentioned earlier, the "previous track" button on the play screen seems to just pause/play.

Test device:
    Google Nexus 6 (Android 5.0.1)

Playback works with AAC, ALAC, mp3, Ogg Vorbis, Opus, and AIFF. Other codecs were not tested...
    Album art displays correctly in the Browse and Playback pages.
    ReplayGain info seems to be utilized as well.

Issues encountered:
    The 'Previous' button in the Playback page is not working properly, it acts like the 'Play/Pause' button.
    Scrolling through the Browse page feels slow/unresponsive whenever a lot of album art has to load in (Audio playback seems unaffected while all that loading is happening)

Sony Xperia Z (Android 4.4.4)

So far Ive tested mp3, flac and ogg.

The app crashed after installing but now it seems to work fine and haven't been able to reproduce the crash yet.

EDIT: Sometimes it crashes then I switch songs while Playing. Haven't figured out the pattern yet.

Thanks for your work!!!
    Last edited by toxicafunk; March 31st, 2015 at 05:50 AM.

Administrator

Re: Android version feedback

Thanks for the feedback. Alpha 2 with massive improvements (stability and usability) will be out sometime Friday.

Administrator

Alpha 2 out.
    Known stability issues have been fixed.
    It can now do almost everything that iOS version can, other than UPnP downloading (soon).
    Have fun with it.

Test of Alpha 2

Devices:
    Google Nexus 5 Android 5.1 build LMY47I
    Google Nexus 7 (2013 wifi) Android 5.0.2 build LRX22G

Can confirm that scrolling through lists is much smoother now. However, the UI is even more unresponsive now when generating thumbnails for album art. After thumbnails are generated then it is ok. Browsing by "Title" does not display thumbnails so the UI does not lag. But browsing by "Album Artist / Album", "Album" or even "Year" display thumbnails so the UI will lag while generating thumbnails.

I stripped the album art from all my songs, cleared the app data and now the lists that used to lag no longer lag. Oddly browsing by "Albums" and some other lists seems to display empty placeholder thumbnails for some songs, while most of the other songs have no sign of thumbnails at all. This also affects some of the "Advanced Search" lists.

Also I can still crash the app by mashing "next track" button on the last track in a list or "previous track" button on first track in a list.
    Last edited by Lethal_Logan; April 3rd, 2015 at 12:50 PM.

Re: Android version feedback (Alpha 2)

ReplayGain settings work.
    DSPs probably all work. I only tested 3 of them (Advanced Limiter, Downmix to mono, and Downmix to stereo) and those definitely work. For fun I did try turning them all on at once with music playing and the app didn't break.

Scrolling through the albums indexed in the media library is smooth once all the album art is loaded in.
    Browsing for songs through the filesystem is very slow! The folder icon is not displaying next to each of the folders consistently either.

Also, while browsing through the media library the lists inside of each category might display (index?) numbers instead of whatever the appropriate entries should be. I can get this to occur when I:

1. Browse inside a media library category (Example: Browse > Album > [All Albums])
    2. Without going back to the root level of the Browse page, go into "Tools > Media Library" and then add another folder with more song files to track.
    3. Go back to the Browse page. The list of albums looks normal so far, but...
    4. Back out to the root level of Browse and go into the Album category again and... the list of what should be album titles is now a list of seemingly random numbers (each with songs inside).

That problem above seems to fix itself with a force-quit and restart of the app.

Re: Android version feedback (Alpha 3)

OMG, browsing scroll performance is now overall much smoother!
    Other than that, not much else to report. It seems pretty stable now.

Re: Android version feedback (Alpha 3)

Device: Google Nexus 5 Android 5.1 build LMY47I

I can confirm Kagami's observations. As of alpha 3, the thumbnail generation is very fast and scrolling at the same time is much smoother.

However, the weird index number thing that Kagami previously reported currently still affects alpha 4.