Thread: Volume bug in 1.1.10 beta

Volume bug in 1.1.10 beta

Recently I was so annoyed with Android's poor volume ramping, so I started looking for some skin that would provide volume slider directly in Playback view. I cheked KEN's brilliant work and finally choose "W3d-colors04". However I noticed something strange. Whenever track is manually changed or if I do seek in the track, foobar's volume slider stays at the same position, but volume goes up - it resets to the value set on system level with volume buttons. Is it related to some functions incorrectly bounded to all these sliders and buttons while editing skin or is it foobar's core app level bug?

I am on foo 1.1.10 beta, running on 32bit ARM (Sony D6633). I haven't used any skins before recent foobar's update so I can't tell if this happened in any previous version.

Administrator

Re: Volume bug in 1.1.10 beta

Bug confirmed, thanks for reporting, the next update will fix.

Temporary workaround: enable OpenSL output in advanced settings - this problem occurs only with the default AudioTrack output.

I don't get any sound output in the latest 1.1.11 beta.

I also did not get sound output on beta 1.1.11. Had to switch to OpenSL Output and restart app to get it to work. 64-bit arm on LG G5.

Administrator

Thanks for reporting so quickly. 1.1.12 has been uploaded and should be available shortly.

Basically everything worked fine if volume slider wasn't at max - unfortunately for most people it was as the default skin doesn't even present it.

Thanks, problem fixed in 1.1.12.