Thread: FTP Media Library Sub-Folder Scanning

FTP Media Library Sub-Folder Scanning

Hello,

I'm having the following issue, maybe some of you have experienced this and have a solution? iOS Version: 10.3.3, iPhone 5S. I'm running version 1.1.17

When I add an FTP server as a media library location, items contained within the specified folder and within one sub folder are scanned, but other items are not detected.

For example ftpserver/music is defined as the library location. Items contained in ftpserver/music/album are indexed, but items in ftpserver/music/artist/album aren't indexed

I tried changing the setting so that files/folders with names starting with dots aren't ignored, but it did not solve the issue.

I'm also getting a lot of 421 errors (saying there are too many connected users), but none of these errors apply to items contained in subfolders that are being ignored.

Re: FTP Media Library Sub-Folder Scanning

Bump, any update for this? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Works much better after the latest update, sub folders are scanned although still missing a few thousand tracks due to 421 errors.

Is there any possibility of putting in a control to limit the number of simultaneous FTP connections that foobar2000 opens during indexing?

Evidently it would take more time to index, but unfortunately I cannot change my FTP server parameters to accommodate for the app.

Thanks