Thread: [Android] Playback stops mid song

[Android] Playback stops mid song

Kernel version 4.4.88-g3acf2d53921d
    Build OPM2.171026.006.G1

Phone model: Google Pixel 2

App: ver 1.1.17
    ARM 64-bit
    FFmpeg ver 3.3.3

Filetypes: all music files issue appears on are mp3's (only audio filetypes on device)

Headpones: Bluetooth headphones are in use when this issue occurs, will retry with wired

Steps to reproduce:
    • Power on phone
    • Activate Bluetooth
    • Connect headphones
    • Start foobar2000
    • (optional?) Start playback via Shuffle By Album
    • Let phone lock/Lock phone
    • After about three songs or fifteen minutes playback ceases midsong. The banner will still list the song as playing (pause button visible). Opening the app will go to Now Playing and begin playing the song from the beginning of the song.

I've been having this issue for a while now. I don't think it has to do with the bluetooth connection as my phone and headphones will be relatively close (1.5ft) and it still happens, or strong interference will happen (walking near cars with 3ft between phone and headphones) and the two will stay connected. I will have to retry this with a wired connection as I cannot remember if this issue was happening with them as well. The amount of time between stops is somewhat variable, though I can try and track it better (I have a good dead of normal and long length songs and I haven't paid the closest attention to whether it's be song count or simply time).

If more information is required, please let me know and I will update when I can.

Re: [Android] Playback stops mid song

Kernel version 3.10.84-ge03508d-00131-gf56f0a7
    Build no. NPJS25.93_14.7-8

Phone model: Moto G4 plus

App: ver 1.1.17
    ARM 32-bit
    FFmpeg ver 3.3.3

Filetypes: all music files issue appears on are mp3's (only audio filetypes on device)

Headpones: Bluetooth headphones and wired

Steps to reproduce:
    Start foobar2000
    Play music (doesn't really matter if I shuffle or not)
    Timing is random to when the music stops

I have typically the same problem, but I get a pop-up message that says
    "Critical playback error: OpenSL error: 3"
    after I love to another track (either next or previous). A restart (close and reopen) usually fixes it, but the times it doesn't, my sd card gets "soft-ejected" and I have to remount it.

Re: [Android] Playback stops mid song

I also see the same issue on my Moto X4... Any update on this?