Thread: RE: Foobar On Amazon Fire HD Tablet (help?)

Question RE: Foobar On Amazon Fire HD Tablet (help?)

Hi folks,

My first post here! Moderators please feel free to relocate this question if I have inadvertently posted it in the wrong section.

I am relatively new to foobar and installed it on my Win_10 PC laptop towards the end of last year. I am very pleased with its functionality.

I would like to install (if possible) foobar onto my Amazon Fire HD tablet, please. I believe there is a possibility that this should work OK.

There appears to be, if I am not mistaken, three options for the type of Android device for the end user. I am not sure which to choose, please, for Amazon Fire? Please see screenshot/link:

Amazon_Fire.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sk9...ew?usp=sharing

The staff at Amazon only provide such support for apps which are directly available from their PlayStore; of which Foobar is not listed.

Many thanks in advance for any kind assistance offered here.

Best,

Paul (UK)
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; July 7th, 2018 at 11:29 AM. Reason: attachment

Question Re: Foobar On Amazon Fire HD Tablet (help?)

Hi,

After some research there is a way to get foobar onto an Amazon Fire after all; and, in fact, a way to access many of the Google PlayStore apps (despite what Amazon Tech. Team said!). It took an hour or so yesterday, but I have managed to d/l foobar now.

I just need to work out getting it to read the external 200GB external SD-card (ie. with my FLACs on). I mean, I can open the foobar and navigate to the parent-folder of my FLAC files (and then all of the sub-folders etc). And I can play them. But, trying to play them via any other method results in the foobar message: "this folder is empty".

Many thanks,

Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; July 11th, 2018 at 03:43 PM. Reason: spelling