Thread: opus goof choise for low cpu comsuming? what audio format is the lightest to decode ?

Question opus goof choise for low cpu comsuming? what audio format is the lightest to decode ?

Hi
    i have always used foobar for windows from the beginning
    and i have installed foobar for android on all my mobiles 1.1.17

may I ask 2 questions?

1)
    may i know what audio format is the lightest to decode (for a long batter life) ? seeing i really love listen music with foobar with android with my smartphone and tablet
    i tried the decode speed test for
    i got for the same song , no DSP
    aac qaac 150kb ->67.686x realtime
    opus 96kb -> 39.208x
    mp3 190kb -> 46.299x
    well , looks that mp4 is the most light to decode on my smartphone (i tried on a samsung s6) , even i have read lots about opus and for many users it's the most light to decode
    I haven't tested org vorbis
    can somebody tell me if there is a serious test about decoding?

2) my second question , is about playing several album of the same artist
    i got to browse -> album artist/album -> tap (in my case on Pearl Jam "i have 4 albums" ) -> i can see all the covers of my albums + all tracks and shuffle albums -> i tap all tracks
    but i get a list of songs not sorted , i mean first track of one album, 3 songs of another album and so on

on tools i have playback order default
    on advanced sort album by date -> active

can i have all songs sorted by albums (it will be enough)?

thanks for the wonderful program and sorry for my poor english
    Last edited by Drugo; July 8th, 2018 at 02:52 AM.

Re: opus goof choise for low cpu comsuming? what audio format is the lightest to deco

You should also try lossless formats. FLAC may have a better decoding speed. But I recommend to stick to OPUS, which is most space/quality optimal format, at 48-64 kpbs it sounds transparent and you can store thousands of albums.

Re: opus goof choise for low cpu comsuming? what audio format is the lightest to deco

Quote Originally Posted by DarkVoyage View Post
    You should also try lossless formats. FLAC may have a better decoding speed. But I recommend to stick to OPUS, which is most space/quality optimal format, at 48-64 kpbs it sounds transparent and you can store thousands of albums.
    Hi
    do you know if i can sort several album?
    well i will try flac too , but yes opus is great
    thank you!