Thread: Bluetooth no longer send metadata update

Bluetooth no longer send metadata update

after updated Foobar2000 Mobile from Google store 2 days ago on Andoird, Foobar2000 Mobile no longer sends update song info when finished playback of a song

title, artist and album of the very first song played by Foobar2000 when it was launched are being used for every song played over Bluetooth until I restart Foobar2000. then the same title, artist and album of the very first song played by Foobar2000 now sticks forever until I restart Foobar2000 again

However, Foobar2000 displays correct song info (kind of, with some twinkling/flapping) on the phone

Re: Bluetooth no longer send metadata update

more info

OS is Android 8.0.0

I found out that if I manually press stop and start from the phone on Foobar2000 Mobile's taskbar, then metadata of current song is updated on the paired Bluetooth device. seems like triggering to send updated Bluetooth metadata is not working on Android Oreo?

I've been having this exact issue for some time. I was assuming it was my car. Then I had the same issue in 3 other car. Then thinking it was my phone. Now I have the same issue in my current phone.
    Previous phone was a pixel 1 running android 8.1
    Now on an LG v35 running android 8.0.0
    This is clearly an issue with Foobar2000 from an update quite a few months ago.

I managed to reproduce issue on Foobar2000 itself with the following steps from time to time

1. pair with bluetooth device
    2. start playback using bluetooth device and let it play a couple songs
    3. stop playback using bluetooth device
    4. disconnect bluetooth
    5. on the phone, get into Foobar2000 and press Play. there is some chance that Foobar2000 will display info of the very first song played through Bluetooth. Foobar2000 will display correct info after I press stop and start playback

I think I found the bug.

the latest Foobar2000 Mobile must be launched only after Bluetooth is already connected. otherwise, Foobar2000 Mobile is just broken on many things

Foobar doesn't send/update metadata unless it starts playing a song from the beginning. if you resume playback of a song not from the beginning. Foobar will only send/update metadata when it reaches the beginning of a song. let it be you restart the song or skip to other song

still broken with the latest update from few days ago