Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GUIDE: Transfer music to foobar2000 mobile over wi-fi with UPnP

Administrator

Re: GUIDE: Transfer music to foobar2000 mobile over wi-fi

Which upnp server are you using?

Well this is pretty darn cool and handy, however I have one major issue !
    It downloads from Asset to my iPhone 6 exceptionally quickly, but the files downloaded using this method ONLY appear in Foobar2000 ?

When I open the Apple Music app, or the Onkyo HF Player app they can't locate the files..... so where are they parked such that Foobar2000 sees and plays them but none of my other music players can see or play them ?

All other local music which has been put on my phone via iTunes is accessible with ALL of the above players, it's just that the Foobar2000 downloaded music files appear to be exclusively available to Foobar2000.

If this is not an due to my misunderstanding, it is my primary request to make these Foobar2000 downloaded files accessible by ALL music playback apps on the iPhone ;-)
    Last edited by Coolhand; July 19th, 2016 at 10:11 PM. Reason: typo

Well with some further exploration of this incredibly cool app I found that the music which is downloaded using it, resides within the Documents folder, Doh !!!
    One can enter the Media Library menu to select whether Foobar2000 accesses either/or your iTunes Library or its Documents folder.

My girlfriend pointed out a positive benefit of having a separated Foobar2000 Documents folder for music... by having the music directories separated ensures that when a user tools around with their iTunes updates of music, and it deletes music already on your iPhone (as it does by default when adding new music)... then you wont inadvertently delete music as the music contained within the Foobar2000 Documents folder is completely separate from that of the iTunes files structure.

So what I would like to propose then, in order to keep this functionality whilst adding even more flexibility, is for the developers to add an additional option to the Media Library menu whereby the user can select "Copy or Move to iTunes Library" for any tracks or albums which are in the Documents folder.
    This would allow the user to selectively copy or move tracks or albums into the iTunes library, which will then allow other applications such as the previously mentioned Apple Music App, or Onkyo HF Player etc... to also have access to music which has been downloaded from within the Foobar2000 app.

This would be the best of both worlds in my opinion, as I would like the most flexibility of access to my music and the above scenario expands upon the current limitations without sacrificing any inherent functionality.

I'm using F2K on windows 10 Mobile. I agree that there should be a way to specify where my music is, i.e. tell F2K which directory I want to be my foobar directory.

I've loaded Gigs of music on my SD card and just want F2K to find it wherever I put it, by telling it the directory I want it to look in.

Thanks!

Foobar2000. But I got it fixed!

This method works but the problem is it does not download the ARTIST Tag.
    Even I have adjust the tag in UPNP server to %artist% but no resutls
    The file only sync tittle, and artist field is unknown

newest update for android seems to have made the local option disappear. When I'm home it's much quicker to go through the local network.

edit: ...nm popped up after a half hour... Weird
    Last edited by slyman; October 27th, 2016 at 09:18 PM.

This App looks like a quite prominent option to transfer content like music from servers, saves a lot of time.

What about transfering or streaming music to a mobile device outside the UPnP server network? I've been messing around with the "Internet access" settings of the BubbleUPnP plugin to no avail.

How do I delete files that I've transferred? I can't find the "/data/user/0/" folder. I can find a "com.foobar2000.foobar2000" folder, but it doesn't have the "/data/Music/" folders within it. I also can't delete files or folders from within the foobar app.