Thread: UPnP will only load 100 items in playlist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

UPnP will only load 100 items in playlist

In the current beta version of the android foobar app, it will only load the first 100 items in a playlist. I tested it with another program (VLC) and it would load the entire playlist, and as far as I can remember, the previous version also loaded the entire playlist, so this might be associated with the update to UPnP implementation.

Some screenshots:
    foobar2000 on my windows 10 PC (268 entries):

playlist on foobar2000 android (cutting off at the 100th entry):

same playlist loads fine in vlc on android:

is there a way to revert to the previous build for me until this is fixed? many of my playlists are affected. thank you! [EDIT: i was able to install the previous version by leaving the beta program]
    Last edited by surasshu; December 5th, 2018 at 03:32 PM.

Re: UPnP will only load 100 items in playlist

I was experiencing the same problem when using MinimServer for my UPnP. following your suggestion of leaving the beta program in the play store and uninstalling the beta and reinstalling the stable fixed the problem.

Thanks

No worries! I see that a new non-beta version just got posted but I'm not updating until I can confirm that this version doesn't have the 100 track limitation for UPnP playlists.

Quote Originally Posted by surasshu View Post
    No worries! I see that a new non-beta version just got posted but I'm not updating until I can confirm that this version doesn't have the 100 track limitation for UPnP playlists.
    don't, it does have the limit.. any idea how i can revert to the previous version?

I'm seeing the same limitation with all the categorized lists generated by my server (Asset UPnP) -- Album, individual alpha-sorted sublists under Album Artist, etc. Files stored on the phone are all listed in full in the corresponding categories. The problem is unique to fb2k on Android: lists from the UPnP server are not truncated in other Android renderers or in fb2k on iOS.

Thanks for the heads up, I won't update until I hear this has been fixed! You can grab older versions of the software from APKPure which is a trustworthy site (they don't put anything suspicious in the apk's or anything). Here's the link: https://m.apkpure.com/foobar2000/com...000.foobar2000

Reverting to the build from end of 2018 should do the trick. The only downside is I believe you won't get notified of updates to the program on the play store, but as long as this bug persists you wouldn't want to update anyway, so I reckon it's fine.