Thread: iOS Playback stops a few seconds before the end of file

iOS Playback stops a few seconds before the end of file

First of all, I love this app. I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to find it! The default Music app never remembers my place anymore.

Anyway, I am having one issue with foobar2000. Ocassionally playback will stop a few seconds before the end of the track, and continue on to the next track. Just before this happens, the following error flashes quickly on screen: “Playback error: iTunes media access error On “<iPod library item>” I have experienced this on both My iPad Pro and iPhone XR running iOS 12.1. I get the problem every time I try to play that particular track.

The track plays back fine on the iOS music app.

Re: iOS Playback stops a few seconds before the end of file

I have some additional information. I think I identified the situations in which this occurs. I've observed a pattern related to the track lengths. When I'm on the song selection screen, one of the tracks that has the issue has a length of 5:17, but when I play the track, the now playing screen shows it as 5:16. Another track where it happens is 8:05 on the selection screen but the now playing screen show it as 8:04. If I open the MP3's file in a wav editor on my PC I see the actual lengths are 5:16.709 and 8:04.911, so it looks like a rounding thing. Now, it doesn't always happen when the time is a second off on the two screens, but so far every time that it has happened the times were different.

Re: iOS Playback stops a few seconds before the end of file

I guess this is never being fixed. (Or even acknowledged)?