Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: WP8.1 version feedback

Re: WP8.1 version feedback

Hi,
    Peter, blank screen is gone. I hope forever.

Administrator

Another update going up, still labelled 1.0.15 but with a higher Windows package version.

The fixes are internal and have little impact on other platforms; 1.0.15 on Android & iOS is same codebase as yesterday's 1.0.15 Windows Phone update.

In particular you should notice that folder browsing lags much less.

Peter, that is improvement! Still have space for enhancement, but much more ease now while browsing among folders after last update.

Did not meet the blank screen yet anymore. =) However, my style of using foobar2000 mobile have changed. And I'm going to try the Windows 10 Mobile on my Prestigio 8500 (although that is unofficial).

I should have tried to play module files to notice changes there, will do a bit later.

Just now caught a "Not Playing" bug on Playback screen. Music plays through the playlist, control buttons (Previuos, Play/Pause, Next) work there (but playback sign - triangle - does not change to pause). Restart of an app doesn't help. Settings screen shows tick at "Play" command text string during playback and other status places marked correspondingly. Context menu: now playing. Upper bar shows correct playback information (actual controls and name).
    Last edited by Seymour; March 31st, 2016 at 04:09 PM. Reason: addition

Administrator

The "Not Playing" bug, does it persist phone restarts? Sounds like worker process (that's not restarted along with the frontend) stopped sending status updates properly, but there's no easy way to forcibly restart, other than rebooting the device.

Edit: the above is wrong, I'm pretty sure it's not interprocess communication related after all, after some further research
    Last edited by Peter; April 14th, 2016 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Edited

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The "Not Playing" bug, does it persist phone restarts? Sounds like worker process (that's not restarted along with the frontend) stopped sending status updates properly, but there's no easy way to forcibly restart, other than rebooting the device.
    Hi!
    Nice to see you care!

If the "Not Playing" bug could stand against phone restart, then I should be here bombing this thread totally. ;-)

No cheers from me. In addition, I've seen empty Playback screen today. It seems to me that it's for the first time since the last update.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Hi!
    Nice to see you care!

If the "Not Playing" bug could stand against phone restart, then I should be here bombing this thread totally. ;-)

No cheers from me. In addition, I've seen empty Playback screen today. It seems to me that it's for the first time since the last update.
    Might that be an old OS bug?
    I read that the newest W10M build .218 has such a bug closed:
    "Fixed issue with audio playback using Groove music and other music apps on a phone"
    http://allaboutwindowsphone.com/flow...oduction_d.php

Administrator

After further research, I am pretty sure this bug is isolated to foobar2000 mobile playback screen, it's not a system bug of some kind.

Just to be 100% sure what I'm dealing with, please confirm that this description matches what you're seeing:
    Playback screen shows: stub album art, no text whatsoever (artist / title / album / playback time all missing), playback buttons (but play pause state does not update), blank seekbar.
    "Now playing context menu" / the ... button works, shows commands for the currently playing track.

Edit 1: Also how does this bug interact with rotating the device? Does playback status start showing after rotating or not?

Edit 2: How does it behave if you cycle skins?

Hi.

Peter,
    Last time I didn't examine the blank Playback screen in respect to playback controls, skin change behavior etc. Only restarted application (was low on free time then).
    In my previous experience blank Playback screen was showing nothing but background color fill (I use dark - that means black). Buttons... Let me refresh my feedback from several messages:
    Seymour's message *52
    Seymour's message *41
    Seymour's message *40

My observation is:
    when I switch to running foobar2000 application, prior to show of screen, it shows brief annotation "Loading skin..." in the middle of the screen, and some seconds later shows contents.
    sometimes switching back to foobar2000 app does not lead to "Loading skin..." message, but shows only empty Playback screen.

UPD: Just now managed to provoke Playback screen to blank itself again. None of playback controls are available (no reaction on taps). Blank screen, no album art, nothing on Playback page except system icons and time. Device screen orientation changes nothing significant (system icons are rotating). Other pages are OK, as well as system upper fall-down info overlay (title together with playback and volume controls). Skin change does not alter anything except background fill color of Playback screen.

Console citation:
    Monitoring: ...
    Media library: scan...
    Exception while repainting: Unspecified error

CreateDrawingSession cannot be called before the RegionsInvalidated event has been raised.
    Opening track for playback:...

I hope it'll help.

In my humble opinion, console is missing system time to log (certain moment when the event has come).
    Last edited by Seymour; April 14th, 2016 at 12:23 PM. Reason: this forum engine replaces number sign (crosshatch) with *

Administrator

Thanks for the details.

Sorry about the confusion, I thought this was an entirely new separate bug, while in fact this is a new symptom of a problem that I already made workarounds for.

I've managed to recreate the bug locally now, today's update will include a fix. Thanks for your patience.