Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WP8.1 version feedback

WP8.1 version feedback

I want to start a new thread for all alpha testers on WP8.1.
    My first quick check is that all I need works. The UI is a little bit confusing as it is not every time clear where in the Tools or browse level I am - and suddenly press back and the app closes - as I do not know that I am on the highest level...

More testing will be done tonight - family time now...

Re: WP8.1 version feedback

I might miss and overlook something, but how can I create or use playlists?
    Last edited by kaum; September 23rd, 2015 at 03:02 PM.

Administrator

Playlists are not currently implemented.

Hi,
    I've installed newest (1.1.2) version recently and was eager to use it right away. But playback from any source I tried (url-streams and locally a couple of file types) is repeatedly interrupted almost every one second, with some scattering-like distortion. It's like there is not enough hardware resources to play it smoothly.
    My platform is:
    Phone Prestigio MultiPhone 8500 Duo
    OS Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1
    Chipset Qualcomm MSM8212 Snapdragon 200
    CPU Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7
    GPU Adreno 302

One issue, one suggestion:
    1. I have one album named Physical Graffiti, CD2 - on my machine (1.1.2) only Physical Graffiti, appears the CD2 is missing

2. If I go to Browse down to album level, I can still search - does that make sense - is anyone searching on that level? As the search button looks ugly and takes space, I would suggest to skip that on the lowest browse level... But it might be that I do not see a use case that is really useful...
    P.S.: Okay, I found a use case myself...
    But on my Lumia 925 the keyboard takes nearly half of the screen and I only see the first line of the (live) results - I guess this will be dealt with in a polished version...
    Last edited by kaum; October 5th, 2015 at 02:37 PM.

Administrator

Thanks for your feedback.

Regarding "CD2" disappearing
    It's a side effect of an experimental feature added last week - convert "Disc 2", "CD2" etc to discnumber tags. Similar feature has been around for years in my other less known player. I will make this behavior opt-in.

Hi Peter, no problem with the feature, but the comma remains and so there are still two albums... If only one album is seen, then it would be less of a problem...
    So I see at the moment "Physical Graffiti" and "Physical Graffiti," - so if only "Physical Graffiti" with all songs would appear that would be even a great improvement...

A positive experience today (but might be OS specific): If I unplug my mobile from the car hifi, foobar pauses playback - very nice feature...

Administrator
    Re: Disc number handling.
    Further fixes have been added so suffix of ", CD2" gets entirely stripped when extracting disc number tag.
    Disc number extraction has been made an opt-in feature as it may be undesired in certain scenarios.

Re: Audio stuttering.
    Confirmed on Lumia 640 XL. A fix is being tested an will be made available as soon as I'm confident it works as it should.

Hi Peter, great news...

yesterday I had a problem that foobar has not found the files - although I played it a few minutes earlier - it was the same album - I could not reproduce it yet.
    My guess is that it might have to do with the indexing...

When waking foobar up again, then the browse screen is the first; wouldn't it be better to start with the playing screen - so different start up - starting first time browse - starting from memory playing..