Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: WP8.1 version feedback

Re: WP8.1 version feedback

Do you plan an open preview also for Windows Phone 8.1? Or do I misunderstand your post that the preview is only available for Win10?

With the latest update I have indication of the Internet-stream title in the Playback screen! Thank you very much! =)

And this part will be completed when title will be indicated in the OS' volume-playback-status overlay.

It seems like since the last beta update the DSP order is broken (in some particular orders places are mixed up without an obvious cause).

Hi.
    On Lumia 640, when the screen is locked, I can't adjust the volume. Is this an intended feature or am I missing an option somewhere?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    It seems like since the last beta update the DSP order is broken (in some particular orders places are mixed up without an obvious cause).
    Thanks for the report. What are the exact symptoms?
    We now auto insert a resampler at the end for WASAPI to work, but other than that nothing should have changed, if you have another instance of resampler enabled, you'll be running two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by monkey View Post
    Hi.
    On Lumia 640, when the screen is locked, I can't adjust the volume. Is this an intended feature or am I missing an option somewhere?
    Indeed, I've seen this behavior on my own Lumia 640 XL. What's strange that Groove Music doesn't have this issue, so it must be somehow possible to work around. Bug report noted.

New user here. Only found out yesterday that foobar2000 is now mobile and available on WP. The music apps of WP (both Xbox Music and third parties) have been so poor, I pretty much gave up on it and used my old trusty classic iPod (I play offline tracks, don't stream or anything online). iPod died on me recently (needs new battery) and had to use the horrible Xbox Music again on my Nokia Lumia. Seeing a high-profile name like foobar2000 which is one of the best players on PC (sorry, Winamp will always be no.1) appear on WP got me excited.

So I've used it since yesterday and already, I can easily say it's the best music app on WP. As expected there are problems though. Album Artist/Album only shows about 10 artists, no more than that. Almost all songs that are not supposed to have an album art actually do, and all have the same one (Fallen by Evanescence). And also, I've searched everywhere but there is no option of playlists - where are they? The sticky thread said playlists are also present.

Overall, great job so far!
    Last edited by LoyalWinampUser; June 4th, 2016 at 02:12 PM.

I was very excited recently to install foobar on my Lumia 620, having signed up as a follower back in April last year. It looks good and although some functionality seems to be missing so far (as others have noticed - no playlists, not being able to see the order of tracks in the album you're playing, not being able to adjust volume when the screen lock is on) these are not crucial for me. But unfortunately it just keeps crashing. And when it does it stops all the other music players I have on the phone and they can only be made to work again by a soft reset of the phone. I cannot find a pattern to it. I set an album playing but rarely do I get through more than a couple of minutes of the first track before the sound stops and the screen just freezes. If I try to switch to the horrible Microsoft Xbox Music the screen freezes again and no tracks will play. As I said I cannot see what could be causing it. I notice nobody else reporting this, do you have any idea what I could be doing wrong?
    Thanks, Dave,
    Lumia 620, WP8.1, foobar 1.2.25.0 accessing a 16gb sd card with mp3 files

Hi, again. Please forget my above post, I'd like to delete it but can't find how to do so. I'm pretty sure the problem is with my phone or the sd card, or maybe both, but not foobar. Sorry!
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Thanks for the report. What are the exact symptoms?
    We now auto insert a resampler at the end for WASAPI to work, but other than that nothing should have changed, if you have another instance of resampler enabled, you'll be running two of them.
    Hi.

Didn't understand how could I have several resampler instances... I'll only try to give some details:

First I start foobar2000 beta, go to DSP settings and see the chain in the following order:
    skip silence (on) > crossfade (on) > mix to stereo (on) > mix to mono (off) > resample (on) > crossfeed (off) > adv. limiter (on) > -6dB limiter (off) > mono to stereo (on) > reverse stereo (off)

Then I start foobar2000 mobile, the order is:
    mix to stereo (on) > mix to mono (off) > skip silence (on) > crossfade (on) > resample (on) > crossfeed (off) > adv. limiter (on) > -6dB limiter (off) > mono to stereo (on) > reverse stereo (off)

I prefer to have the last shown DSP order. I close foobar2000 mobile, go to foobar2000 beta, DSP settings, tap "Reorder", make changes in the following way:
    mix to stereo (on) > mix to mono (off) > skip silence (on) > crossfade (on) > resample (on) > crossfeed (off) > adv. limiter (on) > -6dB limiter (off) > mono to stereo (on) > reverse stereo (off),
    tap "Reorder" again (changes are correct and accepted), tap "Back" arrow, go back to "DSP Manager" and see:
    skip silence (on) > crossfade (on) > mix to stereo (on) > resample (on) > adv. limiter (on) > mono to stereo (on) > mix to mono (off) > -6dB limiter (off) > crossfeed (off) > reverse stereo (off).

In such a situation you find this behaviour a bit strange, don't you? ;-)

In case any further information needed, let me know.

Hi.
    Updated to version 1.0.28 beta.
    DSP chain is still broken. Unable to leave "Advanced limiter" in the beginning, when I reopen "DSP Manager" it jumps somewhere to the middle.