Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: WP8.1 version feedback

Administrator

Re: WP8.1 version feedback

Version 1.1.3 has been submitted, it should show up tomorrow.
    Two major issues: audio stuttering and crash on resume background have been fixed.

Hi Peter,
    got the 1.1.4 right now - the "Physical Graffiti," bug is still present
    hence I do have two albums "Physical Graffiti" and Physical Graffiti," aka Physical Graffiti, CD 2

My comma problem is solved when I activate the "auto disc number from album title" option. So it looks like I lost the CD 2 part when transferring from computer to mobile in the pre Foobar mobile era...

P.S.: Oh, no, I retested it now and it seems to work as expected now... So ", CD 2" is displayed correctly now when reindexed after option is removed.

But something else: When I do turn this option on and browse to an album, then I do see all songs with their album number but I do have two 1, 2 and so forth. I do remember that I saw once a 1.1 and 2.1 numbering wouldn't that be a good solution...
    Last edited by kaum; October 24th, 2015 at 07:11 AM.

How do I get access to the foobar music folder? I tried it over Windows Explorer and the files app of WP 8.1? I would like to delete some files I downloaded with foobar...

Bytheway, would be nice if Foobar would not offer another download of the files after they were just downloaded.

Administrator

Downloaded stuff can be deleted from within the foobar2000 application.
    Open "foobar2000 music folder" from the root list in "Browse"; all items within it can be renamed and deleted by tap-hold context menu.

OK, enough music, let's play some letters. =)
    Some enhancements are still pending:
    - local (Russian) characters support in tags;
    - "Playing" screen: long touch pause sign stops playing track, but when my finger is raised, the track goes on from its beginning (way to get around this is to slide from a pause button (for example down) instead of just raising a finger);
    - if ReplayGain scanner is unable to scan some tracks, there is no info telling why (checked a console also).
    - Tools>Advanced Preferences>Image cache... The string font size is too big, overall size is hidden under the "Clear" button.
    - is there no tone generator? I like it, for example to test aliasing with different sample rates (whether to use Resample DSP or no).
    - "Play location..." has no history. List with at least 3-5 last addresses is preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Some enhancements are still pending:
    Nice

I just didn't tell anybody about my wants. But they're still remain.
    I'm not in the developers team of this software. But now my bad English and misunderstanding are making these enhancements inevitable. Either way, users will say: Hey, it was in the pending list! X-D
    Last edited by Seymour; December 21st, 2015 at 11:55 PM.

Well, in spite of the vast of absurdity produced by microsoft (I'm almost gone being respectful to this company), Peter have stoically produced another version of my lovely player!
    The first moment: I hate MS for being unable to revert to previous version(s).

I've updated my foobar2000 a day ago,
    And now comes some feedback:
    - interface behavior have changed, but swiping-from-side-to-side-like mode switching is more likely than trying to aim at one of three tiny buttons in the corner of the screen;
    - during the internet-stream (Nectarine Demoscene Radio) playback it does not show composition titles (in december's version it did, at least at the playback screen);
    - IMHO it's better to move "Play location..." option from "Tools" to "Browse" screen;
    - "Play Location" screen now has location input field almost unreadable because of discordant character and background colors (regards to black skin, in white it's ok);
    - console still doesn't show ReplayGain data scan result/errors (a part of my tracks are unable to pass the scan for some reason);
    - fonts are too small here and there, for instance "ReplayGain Use" Preamp values in dB.

Is user allowed to modify skins? Some of my notes are easy to correct via skin editing.

The last moment: is windows-version still under development? or it's time for us to move on android/ios? =)
    Last edited by Seymour; February 13th, 2016 at 01:51 AM.

After closing another application in system manager and return to foobar2k player there was empty black screen (Playback screen, music was going on), touched "Back" button -> "Tools" screen, then back to "Playback" - it's ok. Unable to reconstruct this situation yet.