Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: W10M version feedback

Re: W10M version feedback

Hello,!

I installed foobar 2000 mobile. But can't seem to use tracks repeat and playlists repeat, I'm looking for a long time in the settings, it seems there is no repeat settings, it can only be set to play the next song, so foobar2000 can not set the repeat play?

My phone is Lumia 638,Windows 10 Mobile 10.0.10586.318

Thanks for any answers and solutions!

Quote Originally Posted by hst View Post
    Hello,!

I installed foobar 2000 mobile. But can't seem to use tracks repeat and playlists repeat, I'm looking for a long time in the settings, it seems there is no repeat settings, it can only be set to play the next song, so foobar2000 can not set the repeat play?

My phone is Lumia 638,Windows 10 Mobile 10.0.10586.318

Thanks for any answers and solutions!
    Looks like you hit a missing feature here. I have not found it either on the first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by hst View Post
    Hello,!

I installed foobar 2000 mobile. But can't seem to use tracks repeat and playlists repeat(...)

Been looking for this also, searched all over the place and nothing.

Windows 10 Mobile 10.0.10586.318
    Nokia Lumia 630
    foobar2000 mobile v1.0.23 lite
    Last edited by ZarkBit; May 27th, 2016 at 08:19 PM.

The volume is too loud. I set gain all the way down to -12dB but it's still louder than Groove Music (tried on volume 1). Doesn't seem to be affected by equaliser settings either.

I'm on a Lumia 640 if this is of any relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    Version 1.0.25/1.0.26, 2016-05-31.
    Output method is now WASAPI shared mode, on all devices. Necessary resampling is performed automatically.
    I assume this is why the audio on my Lumia 820 running latest W10 (release ring) now glitches like crazy. I thought my audio jack is broken, but audio works perfectly in any other app.

I'm also experiencing slight sporadic glitching as if the buffers are too small.

Administrator

Thanks for all the bug reports.

WASAPI worked fine on all my 3 Lumia units, but apparently that's not good enough. I'm investigating this issue now. If you're experiencing glitching, please report exact phone model and OS version.

Administrator

The glitching, is there a pattern to it? Does it vary with audio file type being played? Does it glitch less when playing plain WAV or FLAC compared to MP3?

For me the glitching is very slight and doesn't happen very often.

My files are OGG. The slight glitching seems to happen more while I'm using my phone(various apps and internet). Slight stutters. The same as if the buffers are too small. Don't have any other type of file on my phone right now to test, sorry.

Lumia 640
    Windows 10 mobile 10.0.14342.1004

My phone just updated last night and I haven't used foobar since then. Not sure if the glitching is present on the new build my phone just downloaded.

Administrator

OK, the problem was that we were not getting enough of phone CPU's attention if another application was using all of it. Frankly Windows Phone kindly disregards standard thread priority manipulation routines of Win32 API, doesn't support classic Multimedia Class Scheduler Service methods, but provides a completely separate new thing as a replacement.

The good news is that I made foobar2000 mobile use the proper API for thread priority management and starting from the next update these stutters should be gone.