Thread: Using Foobar2000 Mobile to play mp3 from NAS

Using Foobar2000 Mobile to play mp3 from NAS

Hello,

I have been searching the internet and this forum to find an answer to my problem, but I wasn't lucky so far.

I am using the Foobar2000 app on my Samsung Android tablet. All my music is stored on a Synology NAS. I would like to play all those mp3s stored on the NAS with Foobar2000.

So far, I found (probably) the right path to access the important setting in Foobar2000:

Tools - Media Library - Music folders - ADD NETWORK LOCATION - Please enter location to add

But very obviously I do not know the exact format to put in the right path. When I try to put in //Medienarchiv/MUSIK and press TEST, I get the message:

Folder:
    file:////Medienarchiv/Musik
    cannot be accessed, reason:
    Object not found

If I take the route Browse - Media Servers - Medienarchiv, all the music shows up.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help!

Re: Using Foobar2000 Mobile to play mp3 from NAS

I had a similar problem. Instead of adding a network drive, I had to add SD card storage that was plugged into my USB-on-the-Go port on my mobile phone. I went to the mobile app Settings > Media Library > Add Folder, then it redirected to my phone's file browser to select the path. I selected the path that corresponds to my SD Card directory and this got added to the media library, which allowed me to play tracks off that location.

The best approach is to add your network drive as a virtual directory to your phone. This is a function of your phone's operating system or file browser and not a function of Foobar. But if you do this, Foobar should be able to find it. The other approach is to make sure your network drive is running a WWW server or an FTP server and know your network drive's IP address. If it is, then you can manually add the location that way (i.e. ftp://192.168.2.5/music).