Thread: Unable to display individual cover-art for tracks with same album name

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Unable to display individual cover-art for tracks with same album name

Hi, I'm using iOS(12.2) foobar2000, lastest version (1.1.56).

It seems like the iOS foobar2000 will only read cover-art for one album name ONCE only, that means if you have multiple tracks with different cover-art (but same album name), iOS foobar2000 will only show one of them (e.g. It will display cover-art of track A as cover-art for track B). Unlike foobar2000 desktop version, where the cover art for every track will be loaded SEPARATELY (This is especially useful for displaying different cover-art for each track in one album, or for albums with duplicate names).

I think this is inconsistent with the desktop version, and is limiting what user can do with cover-art and album name.
    Last edited by justune; December 6th, 2019 at 07:43 AM.

Re: Unable to display individual cover-art for tracks with same album name

Say, if I wanna organize and group bunch of tracks by using same "album" name, but I want each track to display their own cover-art, this is not possible for iOS(and possibly Android) foobar2000, but possible for desktop foobar2000

I also noticed that, when 2 song files (e.g. mp3) with different cover-art have same album name, and are placed in same folder, if track B is the next track for track A, and track A is playing, it will correctly display the cover-art for track B on the "next track" info, but when you do switch to next track (i.e. track B), the cover-art incorrectly remains the one for track A (rather than chaging to cover-art for track B as intended).

This bug is still not solved, bump.