Thread: Music Quiz.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Music Quiz.

Hi All.

New to the forum and fairly new to Foobar. I do a music intro quiz. Can't seem to find a way to put 20 songs on foobar and list them in numerical order. Any one know how to do this please.
    Cheers.

Willyb.

Re: Music Quiz.

Quote Originally Posted by willyb View Post
    Hi All.

New to the forum and fairly new to Foobar. I do a music intro quiz. Can't seem to find a way to put 20 songs on foobar and list them in numerical order. Any one know how to do this please.
    Cheers.

Willyb.
    Does anyone on the forum know how to do this please.

Willyb.

Edit the 'title' tag for each track so the tracks are named 01, 02, 03 ... 20. You need the leading zeros; otherwise the order will come out 1, 10, 11, 2, &c. Additional leading text is ok as long as it's the same for every song ('Mystery song 01'), and you can add text specific to each track after the number if you want. Change the 'album' tag to the same thing for all the songs, e.g., 'Quiz', to pull up the list as an 'album'. Use an editor such as mp3tag to change the tags.

I'd go for something more straighforward without having to amend tags.

Assuming you have access to the music files, have a Quizz folder and drop the files in there, using numbered filenames with leading zeroes, similar to what was said above.
    Then use the 'foobar2000 music folder' browsing option in the main menu, to navigate to that folder and play files (make sure shuffling isn't on).

That function seems to often be ignored, especially as it is down at the bottom, but it has its usefulness in several scenarii.
    Last edited by Kerman7; February 5th, 2020 at 09:34 AM.

Hi Kerman 7

that function seems to often be ignored, especially as it is down at the bottom, but it has its usefulness in several scenarii.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply, but can't seem to find this function you mention.

Cheers, Willyb.

I don't believe there is a way for it to be hidden so if you can't see it, you're probably not on the top menu.
    Make sure you're not already in a sub-menu, it should say 'Browse' at the top.
    It's then the third option from the bottom, between 'Advanced Search' and 'Playlists'.

Hi All. Cracked it. Many thanks for all your help. Maybe Groove music can be retired now. Cheers Willyb.