Thread: iOS battery usage increased by 4-5 times since 1.2.0 release

iOS battery usage increased by 4-5 times since 1.2.0 release

Been using foobar2000 on a practically new iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 12 for the past 8 months or so. I would upgrade to iOS 13, but the 6 Plus is not considered compatible for that release by Apple.

Usually I listen to a track that runs for about 75 minutes going to sleep. Battery drain overnight would generally be around 5%.

Since patching to version 1.2.0 from 1.1.57, battery usage has jumped radically to more like 20-25% for the same usage, with iOS's battery usage reporting indicating that over 85% of battery usage was by foobar2000.

The track I listen to is stored locally (uploaded by TuneFusion) so network interactions shouldn't be a factor.

I'd roll back to the previous version, but of course this is iOS and that's not something Apple provides for.

Is there any other information I can provide to help with a fix?

Re: iOS battery usage increased by 4-5 times since 1.2.0 release

Over the weekend, my phone was running very slowly, most noticeable in foobar when loading the player UI, which would visibly take time to render the parts and apply the theme. I power cycled the phone and since then I've been keeping an eye on battery usage, which now appears to have returned to normal.

So, I'm thinking that either this is a non-issue and something else was awry, or that just after the 1.2.0 update for foorbar2000 there may be a problem that is best resolved with a phone reboot. Either way, looks like I'm sorted on this for now. Hope that helps.