Thread: [Windows Mobile][Crash] Media Library Startup

[Windows Mobile][Crash] Media Library Startup

I just recently installed Foobar2000 Mobile on my Microsoft Lumia 950 and the app doesn't seem to load any media. A pop up comes up saying indexing media library then a minute later it crashes. I have my media on an SD card if that helps. Also I'm running the latest Windows 10 mobile insider build.

Re: [Windows Mobile][Crash] Media Library Startup

Quote Originally Posted by Stwarf View Post
    I just recently installed Foobar2000 Mobile on my Microsoft Lumia 950 and the app doesn't seem to load any media. A pop up comes up saying indexing media library then a minute later it crashes. I have my media on an SD card if that helps. Also I'm running the latest Windows 10 mobile insider build.
    after more use i noticed that having the "Monitor system music library" configuration setting set to off keeps Foobar from crashing but as soon as i turn it back on it will cause foobar to crash. Also status never changes from indexing. i have my device info this time. please look into this i really want to use foobar2000 mobile instead of Groove Music.
    Microsoft Lumia 950
    Firmware:1.2.16.7
    Windows 10 Mobile
    Version: 1511
    Build:10.014332.1001
    Hardware Revision *: 2.1.3.2

I have the same issue.

Didn't have the issue when I first tried the app with a limited library(a few hundred tracks). When I transferred over all my music to the SD card(20,000 tracks) it started to crash while indexing. Other apps seem to crash or close too when foobar crashes. Maybe a memory problem?
    Last edited by Rootdown4594; May 30th, 2016 at 10:45 AM.

Administrator

Thanks for your feedback. I'll add extra console logging for you to see what was the last indexed file before it crashed.

Until then, you can try mounting the same SD card into a Windows 10 PC, launching Process Explorer, pointing foobar2000 Win10 Universal App at the SD card to see if it also crashes; and if it does you'll see what was the last thing it did before the crash - if it is a specific file, I'd like you to make it available for me for further analysis.

The Large SD card(200gb/30,000 tracks) that would not index and crashed on my Windows 10 Phone seems to have indexed totally fine on my Windows 10 PC. Also my smaller SD card(64gb/3,500 tracks) indexed totally fine on my phone.

Side note: My larger SD card is mostly in OGG format. My smaller SD card is mostly in M4A format.

Administrator

Thanks for testing.

I think I have an idea what went wrong in this case, today's update (compiling in progress now) should address it.
    If it continues to crash, an option (under Advanced) has been added to log files that Media Library touches, so we'll know exactly at which point it crashes.

Indexing seems to be working totally fine now. thank you