Thread: Support for external storage

Support for external storage

USB-OTG is here!

The scenario (already real):
    I am using a Google Pixel-C tablet (64 GB) together with a HooToo Shuttle USB 3.0 hub allowing to connect the tablet, an external power source (via USB-C) and one or more harddrives, while transfering data between tablet and harddrive! And while charging the tablet's battery at the same time! That's awesome! Now I can take all my MP3s with me, without having to pay Spotify or Google Music on a regular basis. And I do not need an internet connection while driving in my car.

The wish for foobar2000 mobile (Android):
    Please make external storage available to foobar2000 Mobile (Android)!

Currently, foobar2000's browser only supports "Internal Storage".

I am using Total Commander for Android which has a very nice MP3 player included, allowing file system-based browsing and offering a nice equalizer. But I would like to see foobar2000 becoming more powerful than this (awesome) file manager.

The configuration: Pixel C, HooToo Shuttle, 1.8" external Solid State Drive (256GB), external power supply via USB-C:
    20160722_foobar2000Mobile_Android_wish_SupportForExternalStorage-1.jpg

Total Commander already supports external storage:
    20160722_foobar2000Mobile_Android_wish_SupportForExternalStorage-2.jpg

It's nice to have that amount of storage
    20160722_foobar2000Mobile_Android_wish_SupportForExternalStorage-3.jpg
    Last edited by DerJohannes; July 22nd, 2016 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Fix wording.

Re: Support for external storage

OK now I'm really confused. I was just about to post a problem with external storage and found this post. I am using the mobile app on a Matricom G-Box running Android 5.1.1. I had an external drive with flac files on it and my foobar2000 app had that folder mapped in the Media Library. So this app did support external drives. I was playing with some ftp apps and foolishly deleted the saved path in Media Library. Now I can't get it back. External drives are not listed. All other programs see the drive.

So is this a bug with this version of foobar2000? The version is 1.0.356 lite

Well as of now, I have just been streaming from foobar that is on my home computer. So far that has been it. I will try and use one of my Ixpand USB drive that can be used with an iOS device and see if it can read files located on it.

I'm going to post this in the support section instead.