Thread: PLEASE give us an option to "NOT set album cover as a lockscreen picture."

Lightbulb PLEASE give us an option to "NOT set album cover as a lockscreen picture."

I recently moved to android, and when the default music player didn't satisfy me, I started using foobar2000 mobile. Now, I have been using foobar2000 mobile on Windows Phone for a while and I liked it. But on android, one particular hard-coded feature tipped me off.

Basically, the foobar2000 likes to set the album cover as a lockscreen photo. Now, while the picture quality is usually very bad, the problem is that I, as a user, don't want this to happen. It's can be really awkward (depending on the picture) whenever I take out the phone in public.

I have emailed the developer 16 days ago, even left a negative review in the play store to get the attention of the developer but clearly I failed. So, I found this forum today and I wanna give it another shot.

Re: PLEASE give us an option to "NOT set album cover as a lockscreen picture."

I didn't notice about this... it is really annoying.

Ok, so, one other thing I wanna request is to be able to switch to next song by double clicking the button on my headset. For some reason, it only supports single clicking and pausing. (also triple click for previous song will be awesome).

Looks like there is a huge room for improvements. So, for now, goodbye foobar2000 mobile, hello AIMP.

foobar2000 only sets the album art in the notification. The lockscreen setting the current album art as the full background is an Android feature.

In that case, why do other apps have an option to turn it off? example, VLC or AIMP have an option to disable it.

No, they have an option to display a generic cover instead of the actual cover. I suppose this option should be added.

You'll still only get a generic cover as your background. If you don't like it, complain to Google, and while you're at it, root your phone and use Xposed to fix it.

That's not what I care about. I don't wanna root and do stuff like that just because a developer hard-coded a cancerous feature.

What I care about:
    foobar2000 mobile > Hard-codes this feature.
    AIMP > Gives an option to turn it off.

Ok, I lied I don't actually care, I started using AIMP, because foobar2000 mobile is lacking lots of stuff. AIMP can serve me now. I just only knew about foobar2000 mobile when I got that phone.