Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Linux and OS X Version

Re: Linux and OS X Version

This is a so necessary, I have not found a single capable music player for Linux that works the way I want it to aka the way foobar works.

I would happily pay for an OSX version for foobar2000.

I too would happily pay for a native Linux port of foobar2000. Honestly, there is no player I'd use instead - Windows or Linux - that even comes close to fb2k. Hopefully, porting it will become easier after the Android/iOS versions roll out.

I don't know if this has ever been answered before but why is foobar2000 not open source? I can't immediately think of a reason but making it open source would allow people to port it over to linux which would be great since I am actually desperate enough to use wine just to get foobar running because there is no comparable music player on linux.

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    I don't know if this has ever been answered before but why is foobar2000 not open source?
    Many times, a relevant quote being:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    As for porting to different OSes, sourcecode release won't magically spawn people capable of doing that properly. Somehow no one has written fully functional foobar2000 clone yet.

I just run it in Wine on my Macbook, there's no drag and drop functionality and If I rezise the bars at the top, they just reset the next time I open, but otherwise it's still my go to player on both PC and Mac (and hopefully Android in the future!)

A native port would have working Drag and Drop support. That limitation is due to Wine not supporting that on Mac OS X.