Thread: A way to transfer my album art pictures to mobile. (Without copying one-by-one)

A way to transfer my album art pictures to mobile. (Without copying one-by-one)

Hi!

I have this problem that in desktop foobar I have a dedicated folder for album art where I put all the album art pictures like this:
    Code:
    e:\Album Borítók\%artist% - %album%.png
    e:\Album Borítók\%artist% - %album%.jpg
    e:\Album Borítók\%artist% - %album%.jpeg
    e:\Album Borítók\%album artist% - %album%.png
    e:\Album Borítók\%album artist% - %album%.jpg
    e:\Album Borítók\%album artist% - %album%.jpeg
    front.jpg
    cover.jpg
    cover1.jpg
    %filename%.jpg
    %album%.jpg
    folder.jpg
    front.png
    cover.png
    cover1.png
    %filename%.png
    %album%.png
    folder.png
    Now it looks like the mobile edition doesn't support this, and doesn't even have any album art settings whatsoever. So I can't just copy the folder, and set fb2k mobile to find them like I'd prefer to.

I also couldn't find a way in foobar's converter to help me, even though foobar knows how to find the album art for the albums.
    The "Transfer attached pictures" simply ignores the album art settings completely and only copies the ones in the source folder.
    The "Copy other files to the destination folder:" also doesn't work. Cannot find the files even though I added the same absolute paths from the album art settings.

So in conclusion I found no other way of transferring the album art pictures than copying them one-by-one.

Re: A way to transfer my album art pictures to mobile. (Without copying one-by-one)

Well, this didn't get any attention...
    An equally good solution would be to support a custom album arts folder like in the desktop app. That way I could just copy my album arts folder.

Re: A way to transfer my album art pictures to mobile. (Without copying one-by-one)

Album art settings would be nice. For non-embedded album art, foobar2k Android seems to look for the default filenames used in the desktop version like "cover.jpg" "folder.jpg" etc. However apps like Google Play Music and the default Samsung music player use "AlbumArt.jpg". All my album art is named as such so foobar2k doesn't recognize it. Being able to at least specify what file names to look for for album art would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by PoserPatrol View Post
    Album art settings would be nice. For non-embedded album art, foobar2k Android seems to look for the default filenames used in the desktop version like "cover.jpg" "folder.jpg" etc. However apps like Google Play Music and the default Samsung music player use "AlbumArt.jpg". All my album art is named as such so foobar2k doesn't recognize it. Being able to at least specify what file names to look for for album art would be nice.
    You can mass rename (ctrl+m) your files with total commander, but then of course you'd lose the original "AlbumArt.jpg"-s.
    Not through MTP though, so need to connect your phone (or sdcard) in mass storage mode.

For now I use this workaround:

With foo_textools, you can add something like this:
    Code:
    XCOPY /Y "e:\albumart folder\%artist% - %album%.png" "d:\destination folder\folder structure added in converter\cover.png*" & XCOPY /Y "e:\albumart folder\%artist% - %album%.jpg" "d:\android-albumart\folder structure added in converter\cover.jpg*" & XCOPY /Y "e:\albumart folder\%artist% - %album%.jpeg" "d:\android-albumart\folder structure added in converter\cover.jpeg*"
    Then paste the whole lot in a .bat file add appropriate codepage in the first line with "chcp". Then run it. Then copy them to the music folder
    It won't work however if you have characters outside the codepage you're using. (also it'll pointlessly copy the same thing a bunch of times)

I know this is an older thread, but I have the same issue and would also like a way to do this. Either a way for the desktop foobar to find and use the art files when transferring/copying/converting music, or album art settings for foobar mobile (on android) that would let me copy and point to my album art folder on my mobile device instead of only looking for art in the same folder as the audio tracks (and the ability to recognize art with metadata-based filenames like "%artist% - %album%.jpg" instead of just cover/folder.jpg).
    Last edited by aPotato; April 10th, 2017 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aPotato View Post
    I know this is an older thread, but I have the same issue and would also like a way to do this. Either a way for the desktop foobar to find and use the art files when transferring/copying/converting music, or album art settings for foobar mobile (on android) that would let me copy and point to my album art folder on my mobile device instead of only looking for art in the same folder as the audio tracks (and the ability to recognize art with metadata-based filenames like "%artist% - %album%.jpg" instead of just cover/folder.jpg).
    I found nothing better than *5. It takes some effort, but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    I found nothing better than *5. It takes some effort, but it works.
    Would you mind going into a bit more detail on how to do it? I'm not that familiar with windows command line scripting or foo_texttools (and the component wiki page is pretty lacking).

Quote Originally Posted by aPotato View Post
    Would you mind going into a bit more detail on how to do it? I'm not that familiar with windows command line scripting or foo_texttools (and the component wiki page is pretty lacking).
    You just add what I shared as a quick command in Preferences > Text Tools.
    Then select and use it on all files you converted. Then you just paste it in a batch file the way I said, and run it. (You don't need to use chcp if you don't have characters in your paths filenames that the default one doesn't support.)
    You just copy the created files/folders to where the music is. (Or create them there to begin with.)